LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
missing hyphen in 'peer review' We did not peer review it. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'peer review' We're peer reviewing your work. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'peer review' Can you please peer review this document? Compounding
missing hyphen in 'peer review' We forgot to peer review your documents. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'peer review' We checked for peer reviewed evidence. Compounding
off ramp (off-ramp) Finnish prime minister Sanna Marin was asked about a potential off ramp for Russia to end the war in Ukraine. Compounding
get together (get-together) Let's host a get together next week. Compounding
get together (get-together) Last night we had our first informal get together and I was able to get to know most of you personally. Compounding
get together (get-together) We had our first informal get togethers and I was able to get to know most of you personally. Compounding
no haggle (no-haggle) The dealer ensures no haggle prices. Compounding
It's a blog where the author has penned-down (penned down) his experiences It's a blog where the author has penned-down his experiences as an expat. Compounding
read only (read-only) I have read only access. Compounding
a long (along) We will have a lot of fun a long the way. Compounding
a long (along) He drives a long the road. Compounding
there for (therefore) And there for, we are looking for a new solution. Compounding
about face (about-face) The soldier did an about face and marched off. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'one off' The event is a one off. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'one off' We will do it on a one off basis. Compounding
common (commonly) used This is a common used technique. Compounding
sleep walk (sleepwalk) They sleep walked into this. Compounding
sleep walk (sleepwalk) He is sleep walking. Compounding
passer by (passer-by) When he tripped and fell in the street, several kind passers by helped him up. Compounding
ear piece (earpiece) Tucker Carslon is Trump's mouth piece. Compounding
two state (two-state) solution The two state solution to the Israeli–Palestinian conflict envisions an independent State of Palestine alongside the State of Israel, west of the Jordan River. Compounding
two state (two-state) solution The one state solution is a proposed approach to resolving the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. Compounding
missing hyphens in 'up and coming' See all these up and coming talented players. Compounding
a god send (godsend) This tool is a god send. Compounding
play ground (playground) Many play grounds are not only for children. Compounding
picture perfect (picture-perfect) She has a picture perfect look. Compounding
picture perfect (picture-perfect) She looks picture perfect! Compounding
hyphen in 'same day delivery' Amazon offers same day delivery. Compounding
Touch point (Touchpoint) We have multiple touch points with our users. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'drop dead' I'm drop dead tired. Compounding
home seeker (homeseeker) I'm a home seeker. Compounding
water resistant (water-resistant) The new iPhones are water resistant. Compounding
thereto (there to) He is hereto help. Compounding
decision making (decision-making) The decision making took us 3 days. Compounding
Christmas time (Christmastime) I will have vacation around Christmas time. Compounding
Do able (Doable) Do you think that this is do able? Compounding
a 42 yarder (42-yarder) He has thrown a 42 yarder. Compounding
prorata -> pro rata The transaction includes a pro-rata portion of the non-deductible contributions. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'drive-through' We got our food from a drive through supermarket. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'on/off screen' She remains a mystery woman off screen. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'on/off screen' I enabled the on screen keyboard. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'on/off screen' The notification appeared on screen. Compounding
one handed (one-handed) She caught the ball one handed. Compounding
off hand (offhand) I can't think of a better solution off hand. Compounding
straight up (straight-up) I'm a straight up gentleman. Compounding
near death (near-death) He had a near death experience. Compounding
up to date (up-to-date) The software is up to date. Compounding
up to date (up-to-date) That is an up to date software. Compounding
up to date (up-to-date) The software is up 2 date. Compounding
up to date (up-to-date) The software is up2date. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'three line' The teacher explained to us what three line octaves are. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'for-profit' Microsoft is a for profit business. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'trickle down' Trickle down economics is the economic proposition that taxes on businesses and the wealthy in society should be reduced as a means to stimulate business investment in the short term and benefit society at large in the long term. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'tailor-made' This solution was tailor made for this scenario. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'tailor-made' This solution was tailor made for this scenario. Compounding
X-rated This move is x rated. Compounding
X-rated This move is x-rated. Compounding
day time (daytime) You should go during the day time, it's really pretty. Compounding
day time (daytime) I joined some day time tennis leagues at our club. Compounding
one pager (one-pager) I'm have written a one pager. Compounding
one pager (one-pager) I'm have written a couple of one pagers. Compounding
Missing hyphen in 'second largest' Cologne is the fourth largest city in Germany. Compounding
Missing hyphen in 'billion dollar' That's a billion dollar idea! Compounding
Missing hyphen in 'fund raise' I want to fund raise for a good cause. Compounding
Missing hyphen in 'fund raise' I have fund raised for a good cause. Compounding
Missing hyphen in 'fund raise' I fund raise for a good cause. Compounding
missing hyphens in 'head-to-head' They are head to head in the race. Compounding
missing hyphens in 'head-to-head' It is a head to head battle. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'year over year' This week over week increase was caused by our ad campaign. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'year over year' This 40% week over week increase was caused by our ad campaign. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'year over year' This 40% week over week increase was caused by our ad campaign. Compounding
above mentioned The above mentioned changes weren't implemented. Compounding
every body (everybody) Every body is happy! Compounding
some times (sometimes) Some times I have to check it twice just to be sure. Compounding
out + perform Tesla is out performing other carmakers when it comes to EV. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'well wishes' Thanks for the well wishes. Compounding
missing hyphen in 'true-crime' He likes to watch true crime documentaries. Compounding
on off (on-off) Tom and Mary are having an on off relationship. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) A warm up is required before every workout session. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) We did two warm ups before we started the training. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) A knock out put him to the floor. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) These knock outs put him to the floor. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) The kick off for the project starts at 8am. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) The kick offs for the project start at 8am. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) The take down happened immediately. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) The take downs happened immediately. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) The take over happened immediately. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) The take overs happened immediately. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) The buy back was expensive. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) I had several flash backs while driving through my hometown. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) He is a work away person. Compounding
warm up (warm-up) Do you have collected any take aways? Compounding
Hyphen in 'click through rate' Our new ad has a much higher click through rate. Compounding
score card (scorecard) The development goals had a mixed score card. Compounding
president-elect Joe Biden is president elect. Compounding
stand up comedian (stand-up) He is a stand up comedian. Compounding
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-15 16:45:17 +0000)