LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,126 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
Mercedes Benz (Mercedes-Benz) Mercedes AMG is subsidiary of Daimler AG. Grammar
Merriam Webster (Merriam-Webster) Merriam Webster is a popular English dictionary. Grammar
Saint Tropez (Saint-Tropez) Saint Tropez was a military stronghold and fishing village until the beginning of the 20th century. Grammar
Rolls Royce (Rolls-Royce) Rolls Royce is a British car brand. Grammar
Alka Seltzer (Alker-Seltzer) Alka Seltzer is a medicine. Grammar
Band Aid (Band-Aid) A Band Aid is a small tape used to cover wounds. Grammar
Jay Z (Jay-Z) Jay Z is an American rapper. Grammar
Objective-C This app is programmed in objective c. Grammar
Delta Air Lines Delta Airlines is one of the major airlines of the United States and a legacy carrier. Grammar
Bitcoin He invested in Bit Coin. Grammar
7-Eleven Seven Eleven is a Japanese-American international chain of convenience stores. Grammar
7-Eleven Seven-Eleven is a Japanese-American international chain of convenience stores. Grammar
737 max (Max) He was flying one of the new 737 max planes. Grammar
April Fools' Day A lot of jokes are made on April Fools Day. Grammar
April Fools' Day I am annoyed by all the April Fools jokes. Grammar
Côte d’Azur The Cote d’Azur is the Mediterranean coastline of the southeast corner of France. Grammar
McDonald's I always eat lunch at Mcdonalds. Grammar
Schitt's Creek Schitts Creek is a Canadian television sitcom created by Dan and Eugene Levy. Grammar
Queen's Gambit The Queens Gambit is TV miniseries. Grammar
Sam's Club Sams Club is an American chain of membership-only retail warehouse clubs owned and operated by Walmart Inc. Grammar
Moore's Law Moores law is the observation that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit (IC) doubles about every two years. Grammar
Victoria's Secret She is wearing hear new Victorias Secret underwear. Grammar
Lockheed Martin Lockhead Martin Corporation is an American aerospace, defense, arms, security, and advanced technologies company. Grammar
Jack Daniel's Jack Daniels is a whiskey brand from the US. Grammar
King's College Kings College is a university in London. Grammar
Dominos Pizza Dominos Pizza is an American multinational pizza restaurant chain founded in 1960. Grammar
traveler's check She paid with a traveler check. Grammar
Uncle Bens -> Ben's I like to eat Uncle Bens rice. Grammar
Kellogg's He likes to eat Kellogs for breakfast. Grammar
Wendy's I always eat lunch at Wendys. Grammar
Sainsbury's Sainsburys is the second largest chain of supermarkets in the UK. Grammar
Sau Paulo (São Paulo) He is from Sao Paolo. Grammar
Erdogan (Erdoğan) Erdogan is president of Turkey. Grammar
Super Tuesday He votes on super Tuesday. Grammar
Super Tuesday He participates in the super tuesday polls. Grammar
Earl Grey Earl Gray tea is a tea blend which has been flavoured with the addition of oil of bergamot. Grammar
Forest (Forrest) Gump He watched forest gump in his favorite cinema. Grammar
New Zeeland (Zealand) I live in New Zeeland. Grammar
Lehman Brothers Lehmann Brothers was a popular investment bank. Grammar
L’Oréal L'oreal S.A. is a French personal care company headquartered in Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine. Grammar
L’Oréal LOréal S.A. is a French personal care company headquartered in Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine. Grammar
FedEx Fed Ex Corporation is an American multinational courier delivery services company headquartered in Memphis. Grammar
FedEx Fedex Corporation is an American multinational courier delivery services company headquartered in Memphis. Grammar
Cap Coral She lives in Cap Coral, Florida. Grammar
Los Angels (Los Angeles) I live in Los Angels. Grammar
Kim Jong-un Kim Jong un lives in North Korea. Grammar
Kim Jong-un Kim Jongun lives in North Korea. Grammar
TikTok Tik tok is a video-sharing social networking service owned by ByteDance. Grammar
TikTok Tiktok is a video-sharing social networking service owned by ByteDance. Grammar
Société Générale The Societé General is a French bank. Grammar
'Ndrangheta The Ndrangheta is a Mafia-type[3] organized crime group based in Calabria. Grammar
Ursula von der Leyen von de Leyen is a German politician and the President of the European Commission Grammar
Ursula von der Leyen Ursula Van de Leyen is a German politician and the President of the European Commission Grammar
Emmanuel Macron Manuel macron is a French politician who has been President of France and ex officio Co-Prince of Andorra since 14 May 2017. Grammar
Red-Nosed Reindeer Rudolph the Red Nose Raindeer is a fictional reindeer. Grammar
Windows (proper noun) The windows 10 update failed. Grammar
Windows (proper noun) Are you on windows? Grammar
Snickers (proper noun) He would like to buy a snickers. Grammar
Snickers (proper noun) They ate all snickers. Grammar
Dunkin' Donuts Dunkin Donut's is an American multinational coffee/donut company. Grammar
Dunkin' Donuts Dunkin Donuts is an American multinational coffee/donut company. Grammar
proper noun 'mar-a-lago' Mar a Lago is a resort and national historic landmark in Palm Beach. Grammar
proper noun 'mar-a-lago' Mar-A-Lago is a resort and national historic landmark in Palm Beach. Grammar
a/the attach Have you clicked on the attach file? Grammar
a/the attach Have you clicked on the attach? Grammar
a/the + thank you Have you seen my thank you letter? Grammar
missing hyphen in 'work life balance' Work life balance is having enough time for work and enough to have a life. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'one night stand' Tom and Mary had a one night stand. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'one term president' Donald Trump was a one term president. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'top down' They had to review the top down corporate structure. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'top down' They went with a top down approach. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'toss up' Texas became a toss up state ahead of the election. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'hands on' Tom helps his colleagues because he's a hands on manager. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'hands on' Tom helps his colleagues because he's a hands on manager. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'hands on' Tom is very hands on. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'one stop' The custom built dealership served as a one stop shop for motorists. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'one stop' The custom built dealership served as a one stop shop for motorists. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'mail in' The postal crisis has states looking for alternatives to mail in ballots. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'one night stand' An out of pocket expense is the direct payment of money that may or may not be later reimbursed from a third-party source. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'one night stand' An out of pocket expense is the direct payment of money that may or may not be later reimbursed from a third-party source. Grammar
missing hyphens in 'soon to be' I'm proud of my soon to be 4-year-old daughter. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'wake up call' His normal wake up time is at 7:30 am. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'wake up call' The wake up comes in the dark before dawn. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'many to many' In systems analysis, a many to many relationship is a type of cardinality that refers to the relationship between two entities. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'many to many' In systems analysis, a many to many relationship is a type of cardinality that refers to the relationship between two entities. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'push up bra' She was wearing a push up bra. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'in app' They earned all their money through in app purchases. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'in app' Most of their revenue came from in app purchases. Grammar
runnner-up In 1937, Charlton finished runners up in the First Division, in 1938 finished fourth and 1939 finished third. Grammar
the how to (how-to) Have you read the how to article? Grammar
missing hyphen in 'low hanging fruit' The task was very easy to accomplish, it really was a low hanging fruit. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'run on' I'm using a tool to fix my run on sentences. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'run on' I'm wearing a button up shirt. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'high end' The high end computer. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'same sex' A same sex marriage. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'same sex' Same sex marriage is now legal in 20 countries worldwide, including Ireland as of yesterday. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'low cost' I will be flying with a low cost airline to save some money. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'low cost' I will be flying with a low cost airline to save some money. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'open plan' In the 1960s, open plan offices were introduced, though not without some controversy. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'twin-engined He drives a twin engined Mustang. Grammar
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-07-05 22:33:07 +0200)