LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
Articles: 'most/some of' + plural noun Most of students do their homework. Grammar
Articles before nouns used normally without them We had a breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Grammar
Articles before nouns used normally without them Ray and Helen have invited us out to a dinner in the hotel restaurant. Grammar
Articles before nouns used normally without them Ray and Helen went with us for a dinner in the hotel restaurant. Grammar
Missing definite article in the date It happened in 1990s. Grammar
Missing definite article in the date It happened in 1990's. Grammar
Missing definite article referring to a time period Something happened in past. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He is friend. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He does lot of things. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He takes brother with him. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He gives brother a bar of chocolate. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He goes step too far. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun It falls tad. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He is good friend. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun Recently I have experienced problem. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun Recently I have experienced serious problem. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He is experienced soldier. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He is extremely experienced soldier. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He was waiting at airport. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He was waiting at new airport. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He was waiting by river. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He was waiting by small river. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He was waiting for answer. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He was waiting for swift answer. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun The dog spent all day in kitchen. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He was waiting in lobby. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He was waiting in large lobby. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun ACET would not be able to reclaim tax on covenant. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun This remark is on previous page. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun Change your filter after week. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He is talking about friend. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He is talking about good friend. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun About month before I left it was discussed... Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun About large boat. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He is talking of such friend. Grammar
Articles: article missing before a countable noun He is talking of such good friend. Grammar
'allow' + 'to' + infinitive It allows to see better. Grammar
'allow' + 'to' + infinitive It allowed to see better. Grammar
'allow' + 'to' + infinitive We may require to draw upon the guarantees given to us by the Indian financial institutions. Grammar
'allow' + 'to' + infinitive You won't allowed to do that anywhere. Grammar
'afford', 'choose', 'deserve', 'pretend', 'learn', 'strive', 'want' and 'struggle' used with gerund instead of infinitive We cannot afford spending the whole month in the Alps. Grammar
'afford', 'choose', 'deserve', 'pretend', 'learn', 'strive', 'want' and 'struggle' used with gerund instead of infinitive We don't want hoping for the deal. Grammar
'afford', 'choose', 'deserve', 'pretend', 'learn', 'strive', 'want' and 'struggle' used with gerund instead of infinitive Maybe you want creating an Issue here. Grammar
'afford', 'choose', 'deserve', 'pretend', 'learn', 'strive', 'want' and 'struggle' used with gerund instead of infinitive We cannot afford not spending the whole month in the Alps. Grammar
'admit', 'appreciate', 'avoid', 'enjoy' etc. with a base form of a verb I enjoy to run. Grammar
'admit', 'appreciate', 'avoid', 'enjoy' etc. with a base form of a verb I regret to read this book. Grammar
'admit', 'appreciate', 'avoid', 'enjoy' etc. with a base form of a verb I consider to run my favourite sport. Grammar
'admit', 'appreciate', 'avoid', 'enjoy' etc. with a base form of a verb I am accustomed to run. Grammar
'admit', 'appreciate', 'avoid', 'enjoy' etc. with a base form of a verb I am used to run. I run every day for 30 minutes. Grammar
'admit', 'appreciate', 'avoid', 'enjoy' etc. with a base form of a verb I'm used to run. I run every day for 30 minutes. Grammar
'admit', 'appreciate', 'avoid', 'enjoy' etc. with a base form of a verb I look forward to see you. Grammar
'advise', 'help' and 'remind' used with gerund instead of infinitive He reminded staying calm. Grammar
'advise', 'help' and 'remind' used with gerund instead of infinitive He advised us staying calm. Grammar
'advise', 'help' and 'remind' used with gerund instead of infinitive All he did was to help carrying the bags. Grammar
'advise', 'help' and 'remind' used with gerund instead of infinitive He helped not buying some crap. Grammar
'advise', 'help' and 'remind' used with gerund instead of infinitive All he did was to help not carrying the bags. Grammar
'advise', 'help' and 'remind' used with gerund instead of infinitive He helped us getting on the bus. Grammar
'advise', 'help' and 'remind' used with gerund instead of infinitive All he did was to help us getting on the bus. Grammar
'advise', 'help' and 'remind' used with gerund instead of infinitive He helped us not staying calm. Grammar
'advise', 'help' and 'remind' used with gerund instead of infinitive All he did was to help us not staying calm. Grammar
Progressive forms of non-progressive verbs (doubt, believe, understand) These eggs are smelling bad. Grammar
Progressive forms of non-progressive verbs (doubt, believe, understand) I am unfortunately lacking the courage to act. Grammar
it's depending on (it depends on) I don't know if we can go tomorrow, it is depending on the weather. Grammar
This weeks' (week's) This weeks' meeting was rescheduled. Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' This years election will change everything. Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' If this errors are easy to fix... Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' I am not sure how much of these information is provided by the company. Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' These kind of errors are easy to fix. Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' This are errors. Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' These was an error. Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' Feel free to extend those rule. Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' We should use it with those little thing that make it better. Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' Please let me know if there is any possibility for getting these type of transaction. Grammar
'this' vs. 'these' Are this total installations? Grammar
Superfluous article before 'much', e.g. 'a much work' It is a much fast route. Grammar
Superfluous article before 'much', e.g. 'a much work' It is much fast. Grammar
Superfluous article before 'much', e.g. 'a much work' This will be a much work. Grammar
Superfluous article before 'much', e.g. 'a much work' They were surprised to learn that we saw much high conversion towards installation. Grammar
SUPERLATIVE + THAN, e.g. worst (worse) than That's worst than before! Grammar
Latinate comparatives (e.g. superior than/to) This product is superior than the competition. Grammar
THE + RELATIVE + OF, e.g. the worse (worst) of The worse of all is that he doesn't know what to do! Grammar
No 'more' or 'most' before superlatives Kyoto is the most oldest city. Grammar
No 'more' or 'most' before comparatives Kyoto is a most older city. Grammar
No 'more' or 'most' before comparatives Kyoto is a more older city. Grammar
'less' before comparative or superlative This is less harder. Grammar
'least' before comparative or superlative This is the least harder task. Grammar
Worlds (World's) Best He is the worlds best footballer. Grammar
Worlds (World's) Best It is known as the worlds best-selling car. Grammar
Worlds (World's) Best It is known as the world best car. Grammar
Worlds (World's) Best It is known as the United States best swimmer. Grammar
Zero or indefinite article ('a'/'an') before superlatives Kyoto is an oldest city. Grammar
Zero or indefinite article ('a'/'an') before superlatives The guy is funniest friend. Grammar
Zero or indefinite article ('a'/'an') before superlatives Be best writer you can be. Grammar
Zero or indefinite article ('a'/'an') before superlatives The guy is least funny friend. Grammar
Zero or indefinite article ('a'/'an') before superlatives The guy is best driver. Grammar
Determiners preceding geographical terms He lived in Netherlands from 1933 till 1945. Grammar
Determiners preceding geographical terms He lived in Amazon River from 1933 till 1945. Grammar
Determiners preceding geographical terms He lived in Atlas Mountains from 1933 till 1945. Grammar
Determiners preceding geographical terms He lived on Cayman Islands from 1933 till 1945. Grammar
Determiners preceding geographical terms He lived in Central African Republic from 1933 till 1945. Grammar
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)