LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' Okay, they done by the end of the month. Grammar
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' When I seen your note ... Grammar
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' You not required to do that. Grammar
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' I not required to do that. Grammar
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' Well I never seen something like that. Grammar
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' You could been from Russia. Grammar
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' You can gone from Russia. Grammar
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' You can been gone from Russia. Grammar
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' You used to been stupid. Grammar
Agreement error: past participle without 'have' How you been? Grammar
has ought (ought) He has ought to consider that. Grammar
has ought (ought) If I have ought to know by now, then maybe it's too late. Grammar
equally as (equally) This model is equally as effective. Grammar
can't help but (can't help + gerund) I cannot help but fall in love with you. Grammar
can't help but (can't help + gerund) I can't help but fall in love with you. Grammar
if or not (whether or not) It's not certain whether communication with the site's customer service has led it to be clear if or not this is true. Grammar
'kind/type/sort of a/an' What kind of a man is Bush? Grammar
because of we (because we) Because of we didn't want a big train, but we want a fast train. Grammar
confusion of cause vs. because I guess they did it cause they need money. Grammar
confusion of cause vs. because I think it's great cause it's finally running. Grammar
confusion of cause vs. because I think it's great cause you're doing it. Grammar
confusion of cause vs. because Please don’t just ignore it cause it can cause bigger problems. Grammar
confusion of cause vs. because It happened cause our teacher didn't pay attention. Grammar
payed (paid) She payed her debts. Grammar
both... as well as (and) He is both very rich as well as handsome. Grammar
according to me (in my opinion) According to me, this is a great movie. Grammar
'afraid of' + singular I'm afraid of spider. Grammar
'afraid of' + singular I'm even afraid of small spider. Grammar
'afraid of' + singular I'm afraid of dark. Grammar
'afraid of' + singular I'm afraid of open space. Grammar
'I afraid of' (I'm afraid of) I afraid of the dark. Grammar
'I afraid of' (I'm afraid of) You afraid of the dark. Grammar
'I afraid of' (I'm afraid of) He afraid of the dark. Grammar
'I afraid of' (I'm afraid of) You don't afraid of the dark. Grammar
'I afraid of' (I'm afraid of) I don't afraid of the dark. Grammar
'I afraid of' (I'm afraid of) She doesn't afraid of the dark. Grammar
'I afraid of' (I'm afraid of) I'm afraid the rain. Grammar
'I afraid of' (I'm afraid of) I'm afraid spiders. Grammar
'I afraid of' (I'm afraid of) I'm afraid eat spiders. Grammar
Wrong usage of modal verbs in questions Does someone can reproduce what I described before? Grammar
Wrong usage of modal verbs in questions Do I dare disturb the universe? Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun There's problems in Iraq but it is not a terrible situation. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun There's many problems in Iraq but it is not a terrible situation. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun There is problems in Iraq but it is not a terrible situation. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun There is many problems in Iraq but it is not a terrible situation. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun There was many problems in Iraq but it is not a terrible situation. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun It says that there is 2 writing issues in my text. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun It says that there was 2 writing issues in my text. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun Here is some great alternatives. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun There was some great alternatives. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun There has been some great alternatives. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there's' + plural noun There's some things (Kenneth Lay) wasn't told," Linda Lay said. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there're' + singular noun There're problem in Iraq but it is not a terrible situation. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there're' + singular noun There're a lot problem in Iraq but it is not a terrible situation. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there're' + singular noun There are many problem in Iraq. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there was' + plural noun For more than one year there was updates daily. Grammar
Possible agreement error 'there was' + plural noun For almost one year there was no updates to the software. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'a lot/bunch/couple of' + singular countable noun I have a lot of car. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'a lot/bunch/couple of' + singular countable noun I have a lot of ball. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'a + collective noun + of' + singular countable noun The library has a collection of book. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'a + collective noun + of' + singular countable noun Glossary of term and acronyms Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'lots/plenty of' + singular countable noun I have got lots of book. Grammar
Missing hyphen: number + page/step/star Please check my 4 page survey. Grammar
confusion of 'too' and 'to' They wanted too have more. Grammar
confusion of 'two' and 'to' Now I have two reason to do this Grammar
'ten fold' written as one word After he returned to his normal self, the nausea had returned ten fold. Grammar
'ten fold' written as one word It's a two fold increase in the risk. Grammar
'ten fold' written as one word The US sees a 3 fold increase of deaths due to corona. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'two factor auth' He enabled 2 factor auth to protect his Facebook account. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'easy going' He is an easy going person. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'red light district' A red light district is a part of an urban area where a concentration of prostitution and sex-oriented businesses are found. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'money back guarantee' We offer a 14-day money back guarantee. Grammar
A week long (week-long) vacation He's going on a week long vacation. Grammar
hands free (hands-free) He is using a hands free device. Grammar
bare bones (bare-bones) Meals on early space flights were bare bones affairs. Grammar
guest edit (guest-edit) He guest edited this issue. Grammar
guest edit (guest-edit) He was invited to guest edit the latest issue. Grammar
guest edit (guest-edit) He has been guest editing this article. Grammar
guest edit (guest-edit) He has guest edited this article. Grammar
guest edit (guest-edit) He hasn't yet guest edited this article. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'life changing moments' He really taught me a life changing lesson. Grammar
The post it (post-it) note He wrote it on a post it note. Grammar
The post it (post-it) note He wrote it on a post it. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'a 32 bit processor' The website had a 2048 bit encryption. Grammar
missing hyphen in '2 room apartment' He lives in a small 2 room apartment. Grammar
missing hyphen in '2 door coupe' He drives a 2 door coupé. Grammar
missing hyphen in '10 story window' Violent Affair guitarist falls out of 10 story building. Grammar
missing hyphen in '4 season tent' He has 4 season tires on his car. Grammar
missing hyphen in '24 hour motel' The 24 hour walmart never closes down. Grammar
missing hyphen in '8 week semester' He's going on a two week vacation. Grammar
missing hyphen in '2 month cycle' He's going on a two month vacation. Grammar
missing hyphen in '2 month cycle' The two year cycle. Grammar
missing hyphen in '7 figure salary' He earns a 6 figure salary. Grammar
missing hyphen in '8 cylinder engine' His car has a 8 cylinder engine. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'four car garage' He parks his van in a 4 car basement garage. Grammar
missing hyphen in '10 degree angle' He looked at it from a 10 degree angle. Grammar
missing hyphen in '125 piece puzzle' He wanted to finish the 100 piece puzzle before dawn. Grammar
missing hyphen in '30 carat gold' She was wearing an 18 karat gold bracelet. Grammar
missing hyphen in '30 carat gold' She wanted the 18 karat for her birthday. Grammar
missing hyphen in '4 wheel drive' He owns a four wheel drive. Grammar
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)