LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
missing hyphen in '4 wheel drive' He owns a two wheeler. Grammar
missing hyphen in '3 course meal' He enjoyed the 4 course dinner. Grammar
missing hyphen in '3 course meal' Over the past 85 years, the Renaissance four course guitar has been researched and written about sporadically Grammar
missing hyphen in '22 inch monitor' He bought the all-new 16 inch macbook. Grammar
missing hyphen in 'two headed monster' A 6 headed monster was part of my nightmare. Grammar
missing hyphen in '2 seat convertible' He drives a 2 seat convertible. Grammar
missing hyphen in '100 yard house plan' He ran the 200 yard dash. Grammar
missing hyphen in '1000 word essay' He wrote a 10,000 word essay. Grammar
missing hyphen in '1000 word essay' He wrote a 2000 word blog article. Grammar
missing hyphen in '1000 word essay' She earns a 6 digit salary. Grammar
missing hyphen in '1000 word essay' He needed a 2 letter scrabble word. Grammar
missing comma in 'buy two get one free' Buy 2 Get 1 Free! Grammar
At 7 clock (o'clock) Let's meet at 7 clock. Grammar
Possible agreement error: numeral + singular countable noun I have five book. Grammar
'19 century' (19th century) Back then in the 19 century Grammar
'19 century' (19th century) We're living in the 21 century Grammar
'19 century' (19th century) The 2 century is the period from 101 to 200 in accordance with the Julian calendar. Grammar
Incorrect possessive form after a number At the time, Guider was working just two day's drive from Narooma, in a Canberra suburb. Grammar
Plural form of numbers in 'two dozens of' (two dozen) You need two dozens of eggs. Grammar
Numeral (dozen, hundred, thousand, million) without a determiner or a number There are about thousand oaks in this park. Grammar
'much' + countable noun, e.g. 'much (many) children' There are much children. Grammar
'much' + countable noun, e.g. 'much (many) children' There are much young children. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + singular countable noun I have several book. Grammar
Missing noun after an adjective This is an absurd. Grammar
Missing noun after an adjective An absurd is making my existence meaningless. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + uncountable noun I have many wine. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + uncountable noun There are many wine and a lot is happening this spring. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + uncountable noun I have many red wine. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + uncountable noun I have many red wine and a lot is happening this spring. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + uncountable noun I have a number of wine. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + uncountable noun I have a few wine. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + uncountable noun There is few wine and a lot is happening this spring. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + uncountable noun I have several wine. Grammar
Possible agreement error: 'many/several/few' + uncountable noun There is several wine and a lot is happening this spring. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') You shouldn't not do it! Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') You shouldn't have not done it! Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') Nobody told me nothing. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I don't have no idea. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I can't show no emotion. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I cannot show no emotion. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I do not have no idea. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I didn't have no idea. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I did not have no idea. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I haven't done no harm. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I have not done no harm. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I didn't see nothing. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I didn't see nothing. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') You can't afford not to believe me. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') There won't be nothing much, but please come by my house this evening. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') There wasn't nobody there. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') Sorry, I don't have neither one. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') She couldn't hardly understand a word. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') She could not hardly understand a word. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') She hasn't seen nobody. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') That won't do you no good. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I can't find my keys no where. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I can't find my keys nowhere. Grammar
misspelled tips and tricks tips and trick Grammar
misspelled tips and tricks tip and tricks Grammar
ad (and) They discussed the environmental, economic ad social aspects. Grammar
goof (good) It wasn't the best game, but it was goof. Grammar
form y (for my) I realize there's no excuse form y words. Grammar
Sentence is a fragment Though the dog likes to bark loudly. Grammar
Sentence is a fragment Even if the dog likes to bark. Grammar
Sentence is a fragment So if the dog likes to bark. Grammar
Sentence is a fragment So, if the dog likes to bark. Grammar
Sentence is a fragment So even if the dog likes to bark. Grammar
Sentence is a fragment So, even if the dog likes to bark. Grammar
Sentence is a fragment In order that the dog guards the house. Grammar
Sentence is a fragment Provided that the dog guards my house. Grammar
wrong preposition: 'exception PREPOSITION the rule' (exception to the rule) Graphite is an exception of the rule. Grammar
Regarding to (regard to/regarding) Your action with regarding to the decision of the committee is not satisfactory. Grammar
ARTICLE ADJECTIVE of The live of Brian. Grammar
ARTICLE ADJECTIVE of The summery of the book was very easy to read. Grammar
ARTICLE ADJECTIVE of It was a serious of events. Grammar
ARTICLE ADJECTIVE of The numerous of people is too high. Grammar
ARTICLE ADJECTIVE of He emphasized the important of this task. Grammar
ARTICLE ADJECTIVE of He was standing on the frontline of the protests. Grammar
ARTICLE ADJECTIVE of The widespread of the virus caused some serious problems. Grammar
ARTICLE ADJECTIVE of The used of fracking is prohibited. Grammar
ARTICLE ADJECTIVE of We are not responsible for the delusional of your client. Grammar
lose their life (lives) They lost their life in the line of duty. Grammar
mean something for (to) somebody This trophy meant a lot for me. Grammar
mean something for (to) somebody Does she know what she means for me? Grammar
beware PREPOSITION Beware about malware. Grammar
missing article before 'BE + ADJECTIVE + way' This is best way of dealing with errors. Grammar
missing article before 'BE + ADJECTIVE + way' There must be faster way of going to California. Grammar
missing article before 'BE + MOST + ADJECTIVE + NOUN' This is most popular game ever. Grammar
missing article before 'BE + MOST + ADJECTIVE + NOUN' This is by far most popular game ever. Grammar
'every/each' + SINGULAR The manager wants to speak to every employees in his office. Grammar
each others’ (other’s) They checked each others’ work. Grammar
wrong preposition: sign into (sign in to) When you sign into your e-mail account... Grammar
Articles: unnecessary indefinite article before an uncountable noun I need a oil for my car. Grammar
accustomed to He is accustomed of playing football now. Grammar
inspired with (by) The artist was inspired with the beauty of the mountains. Grammar
Missing noun: 'The is the' The is the best day of my life. Grammar
missing article You are good boy. Grammar
missing article Same has been happening to them. Grammar
missing article Same Has Been Happening To Them. Grammar
'was I am doing' (etc.) its distribution is I'm trying to be nice Grammar
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)