LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
Great(,) please ... Great please have a look at the next issue. Punctuation
Great(,) that is ... Awesome that is by far your best idea yet. Punctuation
Happy Birthday (,) Peter Happy Birthday Peter! Punctuation
missing comma after modal verb If she could she would but we won't let her. Punctuation
missing comma after modal verb If I can I charge $10 plus shipping for the repair. Punctuation
missing comma after modal verb If she couldn't she would but we won't let her. Punctuation
missing comma after modal verb If I can't I charge $10 plus shipping for the repair. Punctuation
Great (,) thanks Awesome thanks for your help. Punctuation
Great (,) thanks Got it thanks. Punctuation
Great (,) thanks That's so cool thanks. Punctuation
Great (,) thanks No thanks. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations The U.S.A is one of the largest countries. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations The U.S is one of the largest countries. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations The L.A Lakers are a basketball team. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations I live in N.Y.C near the Empire State Building. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations The U.A.E are a rich country. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations The F.B.I is investigating the case. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations The C.I.A is investigating the case. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations Batman a.k.a Bruce Wayne. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations We have an A.I developer. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations Please check the S.I units. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations R.I.P 2Pac. Punctuation
missing period after last letter in abbreviations His company is an L.L.C Punctuation
redundant punctuation Hey,! Punctuation
e.g. He has watched many action movies (eg. Fast & Furious) Punctuation
e.g. He has watched many action movies (eg Fast & Furious) Punctuation
e.g. He has watched many action movies (e.g Fast & Furious) Punctuation
i.e. A walking boot which is synthetic, ie. not leather. Punctuation
i.e. A walking boot which is synthetic, i.e not leather. Punctuation
Missing question mark Where did she go. Punctuation
Missing question mark Can you help me. Punctuation
Missing question mark Why do they do this to us every year... Punctuation
Comma in 'act 2 scene 5' Act 2 Scene 5. Punctuation
Comma after 'go for it' Go for it girls! Punctuation
Comma after 'Oh my god' Oh my God it's terrible. Punctuation
Comma after 'for god's sake In God's name tell me the truth! Punctuation
Comma in 'Me myself and I' It's just me myself and I. Punctuation
Missing comma after pronoun With you I can finally be happy. Punctuation
Missing comma 'first come first serve' First come first served. Punctuation
Missing vocative comma Thanks Tom for taking care. Punctuation
Missing vocative comma Thanks Tom for taking care. Punctuation
Missing vocative comma Thank you Tom for helping us. Punctuation
Missing vocative comma Thank you Tom for helping us. Punctuation
Missing vocative comma Please Tom, let us go. Punctuation
Missing vocative comma Thank you Tom, for helping us. Punctuation
Missing vocative comma Tom thank you! Punctuation
Missing comma after introductory phrase For years I have been travelling. Punctuation
Missing punctuation after an interjection Oh horrid examples... Punctuation
Missing punctuation after an interjection Oh John what a horrid example... Punctuation
Missing punctuation after an interjection Bummer I hoped I would win the lottery. Punctuation
Comma after a month The store closed its doors for good in October, 1958. Punctuation
Missing comma between day of month and year My birthday is October 18 1983. Punctuation
Unnecessary comma: 'Bob(,) and I' My aunt, and I like skiing. Punctuation
Missing comma after weekday We will meet Friday July 15. Punctuation
Loose punctuation mark ; How's it goin'? Punctuation
for heaven's sake For heavens sake! Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators I stop here, aren't I? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators I stopped here, wasn't I? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators I don't start, am I? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators I didn't start, was I? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators It doesn't look like it, is it? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators It didn't look like it, was it? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators I'm late, don't I? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators I was late, didn't I? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators Well, you were there, didn't you? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators I'm not in trouble, do I? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators I wasn't in trouble, did I? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators You're not shy, do you? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators You weren't weird about it, did you? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators He's crazy, doesn't he? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators It was a little off, didn't it? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators It's not very helpful, does it? Punctuation
mismatched verbs and tag question operators It wasn't very helpful, did it? Punctuation
comma before tag question She isn't coming is she? Punctuation
comma between independent clauses She really purchased the car but she declined the extended warranty. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses Bill didn't work hard enough and so he failed. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses I need to borrow some money so I can buy some medicine for Tom. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses My friends are in Washington but I am in Seattle. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses I'm sorry but Google Spreadsheets isn't supported yet. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses What is this and why would you want to do it? Punctuation
comma between independent clauses I'm sorry but Google isn't supported yet. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses It was raining and the game was called off. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses The weather is great and again the game was called off. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses I'm sorry but a lot of these features aren't supported yet. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses I'm sorry but many of these are not ready yet. Punctuation
comma between independent clauses I'm sorry but Google's latest software isn't supported yet. Punctuation
Comma before 'so/but/and please' It's great so please do not change it. Punctuation
Comma before 'so/but/and please' Thank you for reaching out and thanks for buying our Premium subscription. Punctuation
Comma before 'so/but/and please' Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the problems you were having. Punctuation
Comma before 'so/but/and MD + PRP + VB' It's great but can you further improve it? Punctuation
Comma before 'so/but/and MD + PRP + VB' It's great but can't you further improve it? Punctuation
extraneous apostrophes before 'are' The car's are cheap. Punctuation
extraneous apostrophes before 'are' The German's were led by Merkel. Punctuation
French's => French people The French's were led by Macron. Punctuation
French's => French people The Frenches were led by Macron. Punctuation
state of the art (state-of-the-art) We present our state of the art solution. Punctuation
out of place (out-of-place) etc. This is an out of place word. Punctuation
out of place (out-of-place) etc. This is an out of place word. Punctuation
out of the way (out-of-the-way) etc. Tom had a really nice out of the box replacement. Punctuation
out of the way (out-of-the-way) etc. Tom had a really nice out of the box replacement. Punctuation
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)