LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
be bigger than me (I) She is wiser than me! Style
most (almost) every Most everyone saw him. Style
where/when There are times where you need to measure high current devices. Style
where/when It happened in the past where people weren't using mobile phones. Style
Good fuck (luck) Good fuck with that! Style
Profanity Piss off! Style
Profanity Kaffir! Style
Profanity A business owner was sentenced to prison for harboring illegal aliens. Style
Profanity People required to use irregular ways to enter the country are illegal immigrants. Style
Profanity Smoke some fags and play some pool, pretend you never went to school. Style
Profanity Bite me! Style
Profanity He cums. Style
Profanity So you are yankees, right? Style
Profanity He is a negro. Style
Profanity Besides, Winslow and his men had to sleep side by side with the dirty chief and his squaw. Style
Profanity He's such a retard. Style
Profanity The redskin said few words. Style
Profanity Deaf-mute means a person is deaf and can't speak at all. Style
Profanity Deaf mute means a person is deaf and can't speak at all. Style
Profanity "Mohammedan" was formerly common in usage, but the term Muslim is more common today. Style
Profanity Somalian Style
Profanity Jim Crow. Style
Typos that result in swear words There was a yellow rubber fuck in the bathtub. Style
Typos that result in swear words Could you put it in the fag, please? Style
Childish language I have tummy ache because I ate too much candy. Style
Childish language I have tummyache because I ate too much candy. Style
Childish language The kitty-cat is pretty. Style
Childish language It's no fair! Style
Childish language Put a ticky on it. Style
Childish language He's my Bubba. Style
Childish language My mama is the best. Style
Childish language My papa is the best. Style
Childish language My doggy is barking. Style
Sarcasm Are you deaf? Style
Sarcasm Sue me. Style
'Needs fixed' type construction My car needs fixed. Style
an invite (invitation) Is that an invite...? Style
irregardless (regardless) Irregardless of what he says, do it! Style
Sentence starting with 'And' or 'But' But it is not a great writing style to start a sentence with 'but'. Style
Number starting a sentence 12 soldiers were killed! Style
Word order: 'Hopefully' starting a sentence Hopefully, this will be a great grammar checker. Style
Readability: Four nouns in a row BAe ATP, a British Aerospace turboprop passenger aircraft designed for the short range market. Style
Readability: Three nouns in a row I suggested that there may be some way to fix this through a price adjustment mechanism in the fixed price or volumes or through a separate indemnification in the "fee letter". Style
Style: 'possible' after 'possibility' I did not have a possibility to check for possible errors. Style
'also' at the end of the sentence You will buy some eggs also. Style
to be able to + 'passive voice' The problem was able to be solved. Style
Passive voice It is also thought that tests are satisfactory. Style
Passive voice He is said to have been happy. Style
Passive voice He is said to be happy. Style
Passive voice He insisted that red should be used by the designers. Style
Passive voice By now, the work will have been completed by the engineers. Style
Passive voice A cake is being baked by him. Style
Passive voice We have been warned about the strong winds on the coast. Style
transitive verb 'occasion' is very formal The concert occasioned a riot. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' I always will love you. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' Always I am happy. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' I am happy always. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' I sometimes am happy. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' I am here and I sometimes am happy. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' They have been seen often together. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' They often have been seen together. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' They have been often seen together. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' I will love always you. Style
Word order: Wrong position of adverb, e.g. 'Always I am happy. (I am always happy.)' I always will love you. Style
who (whom) With who did you go? Style
who (whom) Sarah gave the tickets to who? Style
who (whom) The hall was filled with students, many of who were girls. Style
who (whom) Her mother, in who she confided, said it wasn't easy for her. Style
who (whom) Who we're looking for: Style
Redundant 'plus': 100+ and more We have more than 100+ customers. Redundant Phrases
Redundant 'plus': 100+ and more We have more than 100,000+ customers. Redundant Phrases
Redundant 'plus': 100+ and more We have 100+ and more customers. Redundant Phrases
Wordiness: in a ... manner He did it in a hasty manner. Redundant Phrases
Wordiness: in a ... manner He did it in an effective way. Redundant Phrases
Wordiness: in a ... manner He did it in a systematic way. Redundant Phrases
Wordiness: in a ... manner He did it in a terrible way. Redundant Phrases
Wordiness: in a ... manner He came in a hasty manner. Redundant Phrases
I [told it to] -> I [told] Leo He told it to Leo. Redundant Phrases
former alumnus (alumnus) As the wife of a former alumnus of UCLA, I am appalled at recent events that have occurred and seemingly encouraged by the administration. Redundant Phrases
former alumnus (alumnus) The former alumnus adviser of Alpha Lambda Chapter was elected as congressman-at- large in Ohio. Redundant Phrases
sworn affidavit (affidavit) A sworn affidavit is a written statement made by someone under oath to tell the truth about something. Redundant Phrases
sworn affidavit (affidavit) His sworn affidavit was deposited in the post office mailbox. Redundant Phrases
directly antithetical (antithetical) The two events this week were directly antithetical to the University's values for these reasons. Redundant Phrases
approximately about Americans feel full of energy and healthy approximately about 19 days per month. Redundant Phrases
associate together (associate) Hippos associate together in groups. Redundant Phrases
associate together (associate) Poets and choregi having been associated together in pairs, there still remained the selection and appointment of the actors. Redundant Phrases
sufficient enough → sufficient The money is sufficient enough to buy the pullover. Redundant Phrases
of any of → of He was the worst of any of the dancers Redundant Phrases
Possibly needless 'that' I am pretty sure that this is right. Redundant Phrases
send an email to (email) He was going to send an email to her. Redundant Phrases
sent an email to (email) He sent an email to her. Redundant Phrases
send me an email (email me) Peter has sent me an email. Redundant Phrases
send me an email (email me) Peter has sent me an e-mail. Redundant Phrases
the world around it (the world) He didn't like the world around him. Redundant Phrases
because of the fact that (because) Its crystals are usually hexagonal in shape, with flakiness and plating, usually because of the fact that it replaced a mineral. Redundant Phrases
Wordiness: very small He came to a very small house. Redundant Phrases
ATM machine (ATM) ATM Machine Comparison Guide Redundant Phrases
HIV virus (HIV) The HIV virus continues to spread. Redundant Phrases
PIN number / ISBN number (PIN / ISBN) Please input your PIN number to access. Redundant Phrases
LCD display (LCD) The result is printed on this LCD display. Redundant Phrases
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)