LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb We would like go. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb We would like go Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb I want improve to become a better man. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb I would need improve to become a better man. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb I want know who he has become. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb I would like know who he has become. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb I think we need accelerate this process. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb I think we need accelerate this process. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb Even native English speakers need use subtitles. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb Even native English speakers need use subtitles. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb I hope that they try accelerate this process. Grammar
Use 'to' before the base form of a verb I hope that they try accelerate this process. Grammar
There are (is) a ... There are a theory which states that the earth is flat. Grammar
There are (is) a ... There are report that prostitution has become a new organised crime in Kosovo. Grammar
I crave for () chocolate Whenever I crave for Indochinese food, I go here. Collocations
open at (to) page 6 Open your books at page 6. Collocations
He knocked (on) the door Tom walked up to one of the houses and knocked the door. Collocations
These are just some of the lies they say (tell) In the end even if there were no wrong doing, it won't matter because the media (and politicians) have said the same lies over and over again. Collocations
These are just some of the lies they say (tell) These are just some of the lies they say. Collocations
In the recent years (in recent years) Undoubtedly, this is the result of an extremely dynamic development of Lublin in the recent years. Collocations
take into account I will take it into count. Collocations
take into account I will take it in to account. Collocations
Better safe than sorry It's batter to be save then sorry. Collocations
Better safe than sorry Batter save then sorry. Collocations
To whom it may concern To who it my concern, Collocations
salaam alaikum As salaamu alaikum, my friend. Collocations
salaam alaikum Assalaamualaikum, my friend. Collocations
salaam alaikum Salam alaikum, my friend. Collocations
salaam alaikum Asalamu alaikum, my friend. Collocations
made (did) a mistake I did a mistake Collocations
Wrong phrase: have x years old (be x years old) He has 25 years old. Collocations
Wrong phrase: 'in nowadays' (nowadays) In nowadays, many organizations are jumping in the social websites bandwagon. Collocations
Wrong preposition: 'superior/inferior than' (superior/inferior to) He feels inferior than us. Collocations
Wrong preposition: 'superior/inferior than' (superior/inferior to) He feels more inferior than us. Collocations
Wrong preposition: 'obvious for' (obvious to) It's obvious for me. Collocations
Wrong phrase: 'today morning' (this morning) I'm going home today evening. Collocations
Wrong phrase: 'yesterday night' (last night) I was there yesterday night. Collocations
Wrong phrase: 'today night' (tonight) I'm going fishing today night. Collocations
Wrong collocation: 'worry for' (worry about) Don't worry for. Collocations
a sinking (s)hip The idiom 'like rats fleeing a sinking hip is used in reference to people abandoning an enterprise once it seems likely to fail. Collocations
Collocation: apply to/for You can apply to welfare. Collocations
Collocation: apply for/to You try and apply for another University! Collocations
Collocation: Sit in/at At lunch, I eat with my colleague working or I eat in my desk alone. Collocations
Collocation: Between ... to/and ... Children between three to five are cute. Collocations
Collocation: Well in/on I do badly in tests because I'm lazy. Collocations
Collocation: Admitted at/to On his way to an interview to be admitted at Princeton College, Quentin and his childhood best friend James arrive on a crime scene where they find the corpse of the man who was supposed to interview the former, along with a very nonchalant paramedic. Collocations
Collocation: Summon at/to Without him knowing, Quentin was summoned at an examination in order to get his admission to this institution. Collocations
Collocation: in/on the Internet Land reclamation is in the internet. Collocations
Collocation: accompany with/by Land reclamation is always accompany with pollution. Collocations
Collocation: Popular among/with John's popular among his friends. Collocations
Collocation: Play with/for He plays regularly with that team. Collocations
Collocation: Opposite from/to Their house is opposite from ours. Collocations
Collocation: Marry with/to Angela was married with a rich man. Collocations
Collocation: Prefer over/to She much prefers overalls over skirts, because she enjoys playing in the mud Collocations
Collocation: Prefer instead of/to She much prefers overalls instead of skirts, because she enjoys playing in the mud Collocations
Collocation: Talk at/to I was talking at Charles about Collocations
Collocation: Stress out for/over I have to stop stressing out for everything. Collocations
Collocation: Tired of/from I am always tired of the last night Collocations
Collocation: Repercussion with/on This action has repercussions with the entire community. Collocations
Collocation: Look at/to I suppose what makes me unusual is the fact that I can put on make up without looking at a mirror. Collocations
Collocation: Passionate by/about I am very passionated by my job. Collocations
Collocation: passionate by/about (stricter) I'm really passionate by the chocolate, it's my vocation. Collocations
Collocation: in/on the outside There are white windows in the outside of the house. Collocations
Collocation: in/on a island Our house is located in a small island surrounded by ices. There are no other houses around us. Collocations
Collocation: Crazy on/with What makes me crazy on this dwelling is that some time we are higher than the clouds. Collocations
Collocation: Hide of/from This is very useful to hide of prying tourists. Collocations
Collocation: Concentrate with/on I know my life is not very interesting because I am concentrated with my studies. Collocations
Collocation: Difference about/between There is not big difference about the week and the weekend to me. Collocations
Collocation: Important with/to Family who is closest and important with you. Collocations
Collocation: Consist to/of There is a program in medicine and this program consists to diagnostic people to know if their body works well. Collocations
Collocation: in/on birthday My favorite thing is bag, I love my bag very much because it is a gift from my girl friend in my birthday, it is a red bag, I have kept it for 2 years and forever. Collocations
Collocation: Participate to/in They participate to many activities, which contains organize laboratory experiments, supervise students research, conducting many lectures and of course, writing textbooks. Collocations
Collocation: on/in a meeting I was on a meeting. Collocations
Collocation: at/in the morning I hardly ever drinks coffee at the morning because this make me crazy. Collocations
Collocation: in/on a team I’m the one Frank Catania need in his team. Collocations
Collocation: addiction to/of I would like to work with people who have an addiction of drugs. Collocations
Collocation: on/in charge of Julie is the person on charge to the security. Collocations
Collocation: in/at a party Later, I started working as a Research Assistant in university projects again, where I met her in a party. Collocations
Collocation: in (on) university projects Later, I started working as a Research Assistant in university projects again. Collocations
Collocation: suffer of/with/from A clinical psychologist deals with people suffering of bipolar disorder. Collocations
Collocation: talk down about/to Don't you ever talk down about my baby boy or Kristy. Collocations
Collocation: in/on the foot He is wearing a crocs in my feet. Collocations
Collocation: at/in the morning I like to do soccer on the evening. Collocations
Collocation: get a job in/with The text is also a very important things for the people who want to get a job in the SPVM. Collocations
Collocation: do/play game I like to do soccer on the weekend. Collocations
Collocation: go/do art My sister plays ballet at the community center. Collocations
Collocation: do/go activity Do you do jogging? Collocations
Collocation: damage of/to It may cause damage of wildlife. Collocations
Collocation: interest about/in They are more interest about the money, like how it's manage. Collocations
Collocation: vulnerable from/to We do want to differ from other solutions where you must redirect all your domain names to a service provider, leaving your server vulnerable from direct attacks and having you hassle with domain records all the time. Collocations
Collocation: imitation from/of Children imitate every habit and behavior from their parents. Collocations
Collocation: offered in/at In addition, if people are in favor of women practicing combat sports, it would be beneficial to have combat sport sessions in schools as well as optional courses offered in universities. Collocations
Collocation: perspectives about/on They have different perspectives about the topic. Collocations
Collocation: varieties in/of They should increase varieties in food. Collocations
Collocation: cover by/in The Mountains are covered by snow. Collocations
Collocation: leave to/for They are leaving to England soon. Collocations
Collocation: do/have a meeting We decided to do a meeting the next day. Collocations
Collocation: growled to/at Dr. Dre growled to him about the snow. Collocations
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)