LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
Collocation: spend it for/on I spend it for my essence. Collocations
Translation errors: by/for example By example, poor spelling makes pattern matching more difficult. Collocations
Translation error: a gesture of greeting She made me a gesture of greeting. Collocations
Collocation: we call/you would call I'm not what we call perfectly bilingual. Collocations
Collocation: consequences on/for/of The new labour laws will have consequences to employees. Collocations
Collocation: ask (to) Ask to all the employees. Collocations
Collocation: at/in the room The plant is at the kitchen. Collocations
Collocation: invoice of/for We booked for 8 tickets but we only received an invoice of 7 tickets. Collocations
Collocation: in charge of/for Wood in exchange of metal. Collocations
Collocation: fill of/with Fill the page of numbers. Collocations
Collocation: located on (at) Main street The company's name is Denver Inc. and it's located on 11056 Main street. Collocations
Collocation: on/in the middle The button is on the middle of the screen. Collocations
Collocation: on/in the corner The button is on the top left corner of the screen. Collocations
Collocation: on/in the corner The button is on the top-left corner of the screen. Collocations
Collocation: similar/like as/to the roof will be similar as a church. Collocations
Collocation: kind with/to All the people he met were very kind with him. Collocations
Collocation: come in/into Finally, the boss called us all to come in her giant office for a meeting. Collocations
Collocation: motivation in/to It is very important for them because motivation in study is the best ways for them to get good mark and high spirit in study process. Collocations
Collocation: in/on the right hand side The button is in the left hand side of the screen. Collocations
Collocation: in/at the top The button is in the top of the screen. Collocations
Collocation: lunch to/for The lunch to the guests is ready. Collocations
Collocation: difficult to/for Studying grammar is difficult to me. Collocations
Collocation: a diversity of colors OR diverse colors The diversity nature of this work is appealing to many. Collocations
Collocation: waiting (to) finish I am waiting my patient finish the sample collection. Collocations
Collocation: return in/to While we were returning in the office, I have been arrested for speeding. Collocations
Collocation: return in/to While we were returning in Montreal, I was arrested for speeding. Collocations
Collocation: do/throw/have a party A new roommate has moved in, so we decided to do a party with all of us. Collocations
Collocation: do/throw/have a party I like making a party. Collocations
Collocation: in charge for/of/with Who is in charge for this shop? Collocations
Collocation: a trip to John and Jenny week decided to go on a trip in New York. Collocations
Collocation: a trip to John and Jenny week decided to go on a trip in York. Collocations
Collocation: a trip to John and Jenny week decided to go on a trip in New-York. Collocations
Collocation: listen to/watch movies During my free time, I like listen to movies in cinema with my boyfriend and my friends. Collocations
Collocation: listen to/watch movies During my free time, I like listen to movie with my boyfriend and my friends. Collocations
Collocation: listen to/watch movies During the week, I listen to action movie in English because I want to improve myself with my sister. Collocations
Collocation: in/on the team in the men's team. Collocations
Collocation: in/on the team in the men's basketball team. Collocations
Collocation: in/on the team in the men's basket ball team. Collocations
Collocation: arrival to/in the house Their arrival to the city will be at one o'clock. Collocations
Collocation: arrival to/in the house At that time, their arrival to the house was a surprise. Collocations
Collocation: come in/by car She comes in car. Collocations
Collocation: come in/by car She comes to work in car. Collocations
Collocation: Word + to + PRP|NNP|DT Prior leaving, he had a good time. Collocations
Collocation: Word + to + PRP|NNP|DT She wants redecorate the house again. Collocations
missing hyphen in adjectives with 'non/anti' He is non American Collocations
'Thank' + Proper noun Thank Carl we can finally start the project. Collocations
'Thank the' + noun Thank the clarifications. Collocations
Missing preposition According Angela, they are dating. Collocations
Collocation: Good in/at I'm good in world geography. Collocations
Collocation: Good in/at I'm good in social studies. Collocations
Collocation: Good in/at I'm good in physical education. Collocations
Collocation: Good in/at I'm good in language arts. Collocations
Collocation: Good in/at I'm good in home economics. Collocations
Collocation: Good in/at I'm good in computer science. Collocations
Collocation: Good in/at I'm good in math. I was good in running errands. Collocations
Collocation: good in/at He is good in swimming. Collocations
Collocation: exception to/of This is an exception of the guidelines. Collocations
Collocation: exception to/of I'll make an exception to you. Collocations
eat (take) antibiotics I ate medicine for 2 weeks after my operation. Collocations
missing comma after 'hey there' Hey there this is a great idea. Punctuation
missing comma after 'hey there' Hey there when do you have time? Punctuation
missing comma after 'hey there' Hey there do you have some time? Punctuation
no comma in 'reason, why' There are many reasons, why we should not do this. Punctuation
would be nice, if (no comma) It would be great, if you could have a look. Punctuation
would be nice, if (no comma) I would appreciate it, if you could take a look. Punctuation
would be nice, if (no comma) Would you mind, if you could take a look. Punctuation
would be nice, if (no comma) Do you know, if this is true? Punctuation
Comma before closing parenthesis Its villages include Dreibelbis (also in Greenwich Township,) Edenburg, and Windsor Castle. Punctuation
disease that seems unrelated to speech - (—|,) such as MS However, speech distortions may also occur as a result of a disease that seems unrelated to speech - such as multiple sclerosis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Punctuation
disease that seems unrelated to speech - (—|,) such as MS Other vehicles - such as the MRAP family - may be primarily armoured against the threat from IEDs and so will have heavy, sloped armour on the bottom of the hull. Punctuation
40-70 (40–70) Participants in the study were 40-70 years old. Punctuation
40-70 (40–70) Roman Principate (30 BC - AD 284) Punctuation
40-70 (40–70) The Ajmer - Jaipur expressway is a 6 lane highway. Punctuation
40-70 (40–70) (Alexandria - Cairo / 6-8 lanes, mostly lit) Punctuation
Remove comma after Oxford list, before predicate Speech, language, and voice disorders such as apraxia, aphasia, and spasmodic dysphonia, affect the vocal cords, nerves, muscles, and brain structures. Punctuation
Comma after Oxford list, before new clause Speech, language, and voice disorders affect the vocal cords, nerves, muscles, and brain structures and this results in distorted language reception or speech production. Punctuation
Comma after Oxford list, before new clause Add in algorithms, machine learning, bots, remote sensing, social engineering, and psychological warfare and it really gets crazy. Punctuation
neither X, nor Y, nor Z (neither X nor Y nor Z) He is neither rich, nor poor. Punctuation
neither X, nor Y, nor Z (neither X nor Y nor Z) I like neither pizza, nor ice cream, nor soda. Punctuation
neither X, nor Y, nor Z (neither X nor Y nor Z) But neither deployment, nor the local development flow, is containerized yet. Punctuation
comma before ending sentence with adverb It could work maybe. Punctuation
comma between 'then' and 'when' Then when a user contacts you, you will receive a notification. Punctuation
comma before/after 'huh?' Was it you huh? Punctuation
comma before/after 'huh?' Huh I thought it was done already. Punctuation
if we can't we ... If I can't we'll record a short Zoom meeting. Punctuation
Comma in 'very very good' It is very very cool. Punctuation
Comma in 'very very good' It is far far better. Punctuation
Comma in 'very very good' It is a long long way. Punctuation
Comma in 'very very good' It happened long long ago. Punctuation
Comma in 'oh oh' Oh oh, he is coming. Punctuation
Comma in 'ok ok' Ok ok, you are right. Punctuation
Comma after 'nowadays Nowadays everything is a bit faster than back then. Punctuation
Comma after 'nowadays Nowadays people are scared of the dark. Punctuation
comma before 'thanks' Sounds good thanks. Punctuation
comma before 'thanks' Well sorry. Punctuation
The older the more we ... The older we get the better we used to be. Punctuation
The older the more we ... The older it gets the better it used to be. Punctuation
The older the more we ... It seemed to me that the more I drank the farther women wanted to stay from me. Punctuation
The older the more we ... The older the better it used to be. Punctuation
I(,) for one(,) think I for one think that we should not do this. Punctuation
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)