LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
now and days (nowadays) Money is becoming pretty tight now and days. Nonstandard Phrases
round a bout (round a bouts) The British influence still can be seen in driving on the left side of the road, round a bouts, speed bumps, and school uniforms. Nonstandard Phrases
round a bout (round a bouts) The British influence still can be seen in driving on the left side of the road, round abouts, speed bumps, and school uniforms. Nonstandard Phrases
the proof is in the pudding (the proof of the pudding is in the eating) The Proof Is In The Pudding Nonstandard Phrases
qui bono (cui bono) Let me ask: qui bono? Nonstandard Phrases
whip cream (whipped cream) Whip cream until it becomes whip cream. Nonstandard Phrases
in/with regards to/of (regarding, with regard to) Please be aware of the following changes in regards to this program. Nonstandard Phrases
very known (very well-known, well-known) He is a very known actor. Nonstandard Phrases
Non-standard contractions '(I've a...)' I've a new car. Nonstandard Phrases
Non-standard contractions '(I've a...)' I've three new cars. Nonstandard Phrases
7:00 o'clock (7:00 or 7 o'clock) It's 7:00 o'clock. Nonstandard Phrases
7:00 o'clock (7:00 or 7 o'clock) It's 7:45 o'clock. Nonstandard Phrases
5-farads/5-farad Use a 6-microfarads capacitor. Nonstandard Phrases
legal term: informations Give me the informations immediately. Nonstandard Phrases
add salt to injury (insult to injury) Don't be like that and add salt to injury! Semantics
right in (up) my alley That is right in my alley. Semantics
two peas in a pot (pod) You are like two peas in a pot. Semantics
tender hooks (tenterhooks) I’m on tender hooks waiting for my exam results! Semantics
case and (in) point Some can be transmitted without apparent symptoms; this disease is a case and point. Semantics
besides (beside) the point I don’t know why you brought that up; that’s besides the point. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on June 31st. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on the 34th of Nov. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on July 34th. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on the 34th of March. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on 6/31/2022. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on 31/06/2022. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on 10/34/2022. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on 36/08/2022. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on Feb 31st. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on 31st of Feb. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on 2/31/2022. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on 31/02/2022. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on Feb 29, 2001. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) On 29 February 2005, Frasyniuk came out with the initiative to merge the UW into a new social-liberal party to be called "the Democrats". Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on 2/29/2022. Semantics
Impossible dates (April 31st, etc.) She will join us on 29/02/2022. Semantics
Inconsistent case: She'S (She's) He'S very happy. Semantics
abbreviation of 'philosophiae doctor' (PhD) I got my PH.D. at an university in Germany. Semantics
abbreviation of 'philosophiae doctor' (PhD) I got my Ph.D at an university in Germany. Semantics
abbreviation of 'philosophiae doctor' (PhD) I got my PHD at an university in Germany. Semantics
abbreviation for bachelor's degree I have a B. Sc. from CMU. Semantics
abbreviation for bachelor's degree I have a MSc. from CMU. Semantics
abbreviation for bachelor's degree I have a MSc from CMU. Semantics
abbreviation for bachelor's degree I have a B.Sc from CMU. Semantics
May 20001 (May 2001) I will go to Holland in May 20014. Semantics
'to both ...' with more than two items It allows us to both grow, focus, and flourish. Semantics
Winter 20211 (2021) We hope for a growing number of visitors in winter 20211. Semantics
Winter 20211 (2021) We hope for a growing number of visitors from Oct. 20211. Semantics
Winter 20211 (2021) The 20200 election took place in November. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense We have visited the client on 7 October 2025. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense On 7 October 2025, we have visited the client. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense We visited the client on 7 October 2025. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense On 7 October 2025, we visited the client. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense We have visited the client on October 7, 2025. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense On October 7, 2025, we have visited the client. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense We visited the client on October 7, 2025. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense On October 7, 2025, we visited the client. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense We have visited the client on 27/10/2040. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense On 27/10/2040, we have visited the client. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense We visited the client on 27/10/2040. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense On 27/10/2040, we visited the client. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense We have visited the client on 10/27/2040. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense On 10/27/2040, we have visited the client. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense We visited the client on 10/27/2040. Semantics
Future date, but verb in past tense On 10/27/2040, we visited the client. Semantics
A new year has begun IGD Convention - 7 October 2013 Semantics
A new year has begun IGD Convention - October 7, 2013 Semantics
A new year has begun IGD Convention 2014 - 31/10/2013 Semantics
A new year has begun IGD Convention 2014 - 10/31/2013 Semantics
A new year has begun IGD Convention 2014 - 2013-10-31 Semantics
Weekday doesn't match date IGD Convention - Monday, 7th October 2014 Semantics
Weekday doesn't match date IGD Convention - Monday, October 7th 2014 Semantics
Weekday doesn't match date IGD Convention 2014 - Monday, 31/10/2014 Semantics
Weekday doesn't match date IGD Convention 2014 - Monday, 10/31/2014 Semantics
Weekday doesn't match date IGD Convention 2014 - Monday, 2014-10-31 Semantics
Weekday doesn't match date for the current year IGD Convention - Monday, 7 October Semantics
Weekday doesn't match date for the current year IGD Convention - Monday, October 7 Semantics
Weekday doesn't match date for the current year IGD Convention 2014 - Monday, 31/10 Semantics
Weekday doesn't match date for the current year IGD Convention 2014 - Monday, 10/31 Semantics
Invalid date, like 'February 31, 2014' It happened on November 31, 2014. Semantics
Invalid date, like 'February 31, 2014' It happened on Feb 30, 2014. Semantics
Invalid date, like 'February 31, 2014' January 10 – 1, 2016. Semantics
Invalid date, like 'February 31, 2014' January, 10 – 1, 2016. Semantics
wrong suffix of ordinal number This was my 11nd try. Semantics
wrong suffix of ordinal number This was my 1nd try. Semantics
wrong suffix of ordinal number This was my 2th try. Semantics
wrong suffix of ordinal number This was my 3nd try. Semantics
wrong suffix of ordinal number This was my 4nd try. Semantics
square roots (2 solutions) The square root of 9 is 3. Semantics
Interval scale: doubling values ('twice as hot') It's half as warm as it was yesterday. Semantics
Usage of German quotes („“) She said „Yes“. Typography
Usage of German quotes („“) „Yes“, she said. Typography
Usage of German quotes („“) I'm very happy”. Typography
Usage of German quotes („“) I'm very „happy. Typography
a la (à la) Monday has told us mind games are football speak for inane ranting a la Vera Duckworth. Typography
cafe (café) We ate at a cafe. Typography
Two consecutive spaces This is a sentence with two consecutive spaces. Typography
Two consecutive spaces following a single character (with two consecutive spaces preceding it) This is a test. Typography
Missing whitespace before a parenthesis I'm from San Diego(California). Typography
3dogs (3 dogs) It took me 1min. Typography
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)