LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
add an additional (add) How to Add an additional page to a Full Flash Site Redundant Phrases
add an additional (add) Add an additional: Redundant Phrases
7 o'clock AM (7 o'clock) It's 7 o'clock a.m. Redundant Phrases
7 o'clock AM (7 o'clock) It's 7 o'clock AM. Redundant Phrases
12;30 a.m. (12:30 a.m.) It's 7,30 p.m. Redundant Phrases
AM in the morning (AM) It's 5 AM in the morning. Redundant Phrases
AM in the morning (AM) It's 5 A.M. in the morning. Redundant Phrases
PM in the evening (PM) It's 5 PM in the evening. Redundant Phrases
PM in the evening (PM) It's 1 PM at night. Redundant Phrases
PM in the evening (PM) It's 5 P.M. in the afternoon. Redundant Phrases
PM in the evening (PM) It's 1 P.M. at night. Redundant Phrases
and also (and/also) Typical English Food and also Welsh and Scottish too Redundant Phrases
and (etc) … pens, pencils, rulers, paper clips, rulers, and etc. Redundant Phrases
adequate enough (adequate) The Allen test is not adequate enough for the screening of hand circulation. Redundant Phrases
are able to (can) Yes, there are some species of frogs that are able to throw up their entire stomach and wipe it off with their legs. Redundant Phrases
ask the question (ask) He asked the question whether it's OK to add some rules to LanguageTool. Redundant Phrases
as of yet (yet) The report remains unfinished as of yet. Redundant Phrases
autobiography of a life (autobiography) In this autobiography of a life of courage and love, we get to share in the compelling story of a family’s struggles. Redundant Phrases
basic fundamentals/necessities (fundamentals/necessities) Let’s get back to the basic fundamentals! Redundant Phrases
bald-headed (bald) He is bald-headed. Redundant Phrases
best ever (best) Top ten best ever beer names. Redundant Phrases
temporary bivouac (bivouac) In temporary bivouac areas (1 to 3 days), the straddle trench latrine is used unless more permanent facilities are provided for the unit. Redundant Phrases
bivouac camp (bivouac) A rock climber leaves a hanging bivouac camp on an Arctic cliff Redundant Phrases
Big in size, yellow in color, etc. The man is big in size. Redundant Phrases
bitter in taste (bitter) This beer is bitter in taste. Redundant Phrases
blend together (blend) Their voices blend together in lovely harmony. Redundant Phrases
brief moment/summary (moment/summary) A Brief Moment of Compassion Redundant Phrases
biography of her life (biography) In this biography of her life, we get to share in the compelling story of a family’s struggles. Redundant Phrases
CD disc (CD) I ordered a CD disk with their software. Redundant Phrases
CDROM (CD-ROM) I ordered a Cdrom with their software. Redundant Phrases
accused of a charge (charged with) The Magistrate's Court in Kuala Lumpur today decided that a former model accused of a charge of public indecency is fit to stand trial. Redundant Phrases
circumstances surrounding (circumstances of) Based upon this discussion, the OIG expanded the scope of its investigation to analyze the circumstances surrounding the settlement rejected by Judge Rakoff. Redundant Phrases
close scrutiny/proximity (scrutiny/proximity) The majority of Jannali's enterprises are located within close proximity to the suburb's railway station. Redundant Phrases
close scrutiny/proximity (scrutiny/proximity) Their manifesto yesterday received the same close scrutiny as the other two big parties — and it was an uncomfortable experience. Redundant Phrases
combine together (combine) Two things are combined together in this application. Redundant Phrases
comfortable with doing (comfortable doing) I am not comfortable with dancing with strangers. Redundant Phrases
commute back and forth (commute) She will commute back and forth between New Haven and her home in Southern California before relocating to the Elm City this summer. Redundant Phrases
continue to remain (remain) We continued to remain optimistic. Redundant Phrases
descend down (descend) The Pentagon aides and journalists descend down the back stairs of the plane as is customary while Rumsfeld comes down the main stairs to meet his welcome party. Redundant Phrases
each and every one (each one) God bless each and every one of you! Redundant Phrases
Suggest shorter ways to negate words (not common vs uncommon) The list is not complete. Redundant Phrases
Suggest shorter ways to negate words (not common vs uncommon) The rock is not steady. Redundant Phrases
Suggest shorter ways to negate words (not common vs uncommon) The paragraph is not perfect. Redundant Phrases
Suggest shorter ways to negate words (not common vs uncommon) The student was not rational. Redundant Phrases
Suggest shorter ways to negate words (not common vs uncommon) The car was not fast enough to win the race. Redundant Phrases
Suggest shorter ways to negate words (not common vs uncommon) The car was not large enough for the tall man. Redundant Phrases
Suggest shorter ways to negate words (not common vs uncommon) The car was not small enough to fit through the tunnel. Redundant Phrases
all of the (all the) All of the people I know came. Redundant Phrases
drop down (drop) Drop down from the tree. Redundant Phrases
first of all (first) First of all, let us review what has been done. Redundant Phrases
focus in (focus on) Please, focus in the tip of the finger. Redundant Phrases
gather up (gather) Please, gather up the documentation and let's go. Redundant Phrases
incredible to believe (incredible) It's incredible to believe. Redundant Phrases
outside of (outside) Go outside of the building and you will find it. Redundant Phrases
private industry (industry) This is our primary private industry. Redundant Phrases
right over (over) You find it right over there. Redundant Phrases
self-admitted (admitted) Springfield police arrest 'very dangerous, self-admitted gang member.' Redundant Phrases
some of the (some) Some of the people like rap music. Redundant Phrases
subject matter (subject) What is the subject matter we will discuss today? Redundant Phrases
try and (try to) She is going to try and go to the store. Redundant Phrases
so as to (to) We worked hard so as to increase our sales. Redundant Phrases
on a few occasions (occasionally) The man drank on a few occasions. Redundant Phrases
there are also other (also) However, there are also other marbles in the jar. Redundant Phrases
a large number of (many) A large number of people were in the parade. Redundant Phrases
a small number of (a few) A small number of people were in the store. Redundant Phrases
subsequent to (after) The roads needed repairs subsequent to the storm. Redundant Phrases
with the exception of (except) With the exception of Bob, all of the children went running. Redundant Phrases
every now and then (now and then) Every now and then the faucet drips. Redundant Phrases
established fact (fact) This is an established fact. Redundant Phrases
exact same/identical (same/identical) This is the exact same situation. Redundant Phrases
exact same/identical (same/identical) This shoe is exactly the same. Redundant Phrases
summertime (summer) It is warm during the summertime. Redundant Phrases
summertime (summer) It is warm during the summer time. Redundant Phrases
fall season (fall) The leaves turn red and gold in the fall season. Redundant Phrases
famous celebrity (celebrity) I'm told that he's a famous celebrity now. Redundant Phrases
salsa sauce (salsa) I enjoy eating salsa sauce. Redundant Phrases
general public (public) We should show this to the general public. Redundant Phrases
over exaggerated (exaggerated) I enjoy over exaggerating. Redundant Phrases
over exaggerated (exaggerated) I enjoy over-exaggerating. Redundant Phrases
originally born in (born in) I was originally born in Texas. Redundant Phrases
return back (return) We returned back home. Redundant Phrases
return back (return) Please reply back. Redundant Phrases
return back (return) Reply back to get the details. Redundant Phrases
return back (return) He suggested that I return the product back to Amazon. Redundant Phrases
return back (return) This will return you back to the startup screen, similar to the quit button when an error comes up. Redundant Phrases
repeat again (repeat) We made the song repeat again. Redundant Phrases
$500 (dollars) She bought it for $55 dollars. Redundant Phrases
$500 (dollars) She bought it for US$ 55 dollars. Redundant Phrases
might perhaps (might) We might possibly go fishing. Redundant Phrases
disagree with the fact that (disagree that) I agree with the fact that the sky is blue. Redundant Phrases
disagree with the fact that (disagree that) We did not disagree with the fact that the sky is blue. Redundant Phrases
disagree with the fact that (disagree that) We did not agree with the fact that the sky is blue. Redundant Phrases
will in the future (will) I will in the future work hard. Redundant Phrases
work colleague (colleague) I will talk to a work colleague. Redundant Phrases
numerous different (numerous) I will read many different books Redundant Phrases
whole lot (lot) I will read a whole lot of books Redundant Phrases
fellow classmates/co-workers/comrades (classmates/co-workers/comrades) I would enjoy a reunion with my fellow classmates. Redundant Phrases
foreign import (import) The rise in foreign imports, the argument goes, is forcing some Americans to accept lower pay to remain competitive with, say, Mexican and Chinese workers. Redundant Phrases
honest truth (truth) That is the honest truth of the matter. Redundant Phrases
in order to (to) We opened the door in order to enter. Redundant Phrases
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)