LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
introduce for the first time (introduce) We were introduced for the first time a week ago. Redundant Phrases
the noun around it (surrounding noun) He didn't like the protesters around him. Redundant Phrases
past experience/memory (experience/memory) We know from past experience that weakness breeds contempt. Redundant Phrases
point being is that (point is that/point being that) The point being is that Russia and Japan weren't even at war. Redundant Phrases
reason why (reason) The reason why I did that is simple. Redundant Phrases
so therefore (therefore) I am me, the only me, so therefore I am unique, which in turn makes me special :) Redundant Phrases
therapeutic treatment (treatment) My swelled knee required special therapeutic treatment. Redundant Phrases
rustic country (rustic) She loved her rustic country kitchen. Redundant Phrases
very unique (unique) Walk until you see the very unique building on your right. Redundant Phrases
the question whether (whether) etc. The question as to whether or not it is difficult is not our concern. Redundant Phrases
the question whether (whether) etc. The question as to whether it is difficult is not our concern. Redundant Phrases
the question whether (whether) etc. The question of whether it is difficult is not our concern. Redundant Phrases
the question whether (whether) etc. We are not concern as to whether or not it is difficult. Redundant Phrases
the question whether (whether) etc. The question whether it is difficult is not our concern. Redundant Phrases
the question whether (whether) etc. As to whether it is difficult, we are not concern. Redundant Phrases
the question whether (whether) etc. What the government decides to do depends on whether or not the bill passes. Redundant Phrases
female actor (actress) She was the first female actor. Redundant Phrases
female waiter (waitress) She was the first female waiter. Redundant Phrases
first woman president (female president) She was the first woman president. Redundant Phrases
first man president (male president) He was the first man employee of the company. Redundant Phrases
little bit He was a little bit late. Redundant Phrases
little bit She has a little bit of a temper. Redundant Phrases
free gift Receive a free gift with every purchase. Redundant Phrases
Rio Grande (river) The Rio Grande river is one of the principal rivers in the southwest United States and northern Mexico. Redundant Phrases
Mount Fuji Mount Fujiyama is the highest mountain in Japan. Redundant Phrases
help to find (help find) Can any guru help me to find the reason? Redundant Phrases
Possible wordiness: be a X one This test is an easy one. Plain English
abundance There is an abundance of flowers in the meadow. Plain English
accede to (give in) He acceded to our demands. Plain English
accelerate The car accelerated from traffic lights Plain English
accentuate The harsh light accentuated the ruggedness of the landscape. Plain English
accommodation Accommodation available. Plain English
accompany You need to accompany him. Plain English
verb accomplish (do, archive, finish) Accomplish your work! Plain English
verb accrue The deposit accrued interest. Plain English
accurate We need accurate information. Plain English
verb acquire (get, develop) He acquired all the tools he needed. Plain English
all things considered (omit) All things considered, Connecticut's woodlands are in better shape now than ever before. Plain English
along the lines of (like) I think my point is very much along the lines of his. Plain English
as a matter of fact (in fact, actually, omit) As a matter of fact, dry-bulb temperature indicates the amount of heat in the air. Plain English
as per (as, in accordance with) As per usual, he came late to work. Plain English
assist, assistance (help) Do you need any assistance? Plain English
at all times (always) Kingfisher can be found near water at all times Plain English
at the present time, at this time, at this point in time, at the moment (now, currently) At the present time, this Wiki is experimental. Plain English
at the present time, at this time, at this point in time, at the moment (now, currently) At this time, Churchill was serving as Chancellor of the Exchequer Plain English
at the present time, at this time, at this point in time, at the moment (now, currently) This document has no formal standing at this point in time. Plain English
at the present time, at this time, at this point in time, at the moment (now, currently) At the moment, I am taking a leave of absence from my work. Plain English
at your earliest convenience (as soon as you can) Please come at your earliest convenience. Plain English
on a x basis We have been coming here on a regular basis for years. Plain English
be advised You are advised look after your belongings. Plain English
wordy phrase: due to the fact The experiment was halted due to the fact that funding was withdrawn. Plain English
Some phrases that can be simplified His lack of conversation is attributable to his shyness. Plain English
Some phrases that can be simplified Nader had to cancel his planned invasion in light of the fact that the Abdali Afghans had rebelled and invaded Khorasan. Plain English
Some phrases that can be simplified A national emergency exists by reason of the terrorist attacks. Plain English
Some phrases that can be simplified These two syndromes are usually referred to under one name, Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome, due to the fact that they are part of the same etiology. Plain English
Some phrases that can be simplified The Stoors also had their own dialect of Hobbitish, owing to the fact that they spent some time in Dunland. Plain English
belated (late) They are on a belated honeymoon. Plain English
by means of (by, with, through) Major forest areas are coming back by means of natural processes. Plain English
clearly, obviously Obviously, this is important. Plain English
currently I am currently employed. Plain English
each and every (every) You better check each and every door. Plain English
for all intents and purposes (omit) The era in which we must aggressively defend our woodlands has, for all intents and purposes, passed. Plain English
for the most part (omit) For the most part people's suspicions are based on a misunderstanding of the facts. Plain English
for the purpose of (to, for) Commercial shows are one-off projects put on for the purpose of making money. Plain English
have the ability to (be able to, can) The toddle has the ability to walk. Plain English
have a tendency (tends) This policy has a tendency to isolate some communities. Plain English
in a manner of speaking (omit) The policy has, in a manner of speaking, begun to Balkanize the more rural parts of our state. Plain English
in a very real sense (omit) In a very real sense, this policy works to the detriment of those it is supposed to help. Plain English
in excess of (more than, over, exceeding) Her three albums have sold in excess of 17 million copies worldwide Plain English
in my opinion (omit) In my opinion, this wasteful policy ought to be revoked. Plain English
in terms of (in, for) Disclaimers vary in terms of their uniformity. Plain English
despite the fact that, in spite of the fact that (although, though) He still loves her despite the fact that she cheated on him. Plain English
despite the fact that, in spite of the fact that (although, though) He still loves her in spite of the fact that she cheated on him. Plain English
in the affirmative (yes, affirmatively) The poll asked average Israelis if they support such a program, and 82 percent responded in the affirmative. Plain English
in the case of (about, to) In the case of this particular policy, citizens of northeast Connecticut became very upset. Plain English
in the event of, in the event that (if, in case) In the event that I can't come back by seven, you can eat without me. Plain English
in the final or last or ultimate analysis (finally, in conclusion) In the final analysis, it is their war. Plain English
in the nature of (like) Something in the nature of a repeal may soon take place. Plain English
in the neighborhood of (about) They searched for the keys in the neighborhood of the playground. Plain English
in the process of The work is in the process of getting done. Plain English
it seems that (omit) It seems that they can't wait to get rid of this one. Plain English
majority (most, usually) when not voting Majority of the world is covered with water. Plain English
make decisions about (decide on) The school board will make decision about the first day of school. Plain English
make an attempt/effort/try (try) We should make an effort to win. Plain English
not able (unable) He was not able to join the meeting. Plain English
not accept (reject) He does not accept the proposal. Plain English
not certain (uncertain) Future is not certain. Plain English
not unlike (similar, alike) Sisters were not unlike. Plain English
not many (few) Not many people know this. Plain English
not often, not very often (seldom. rare, rarely) It is not very often that a hotel exceeds your expectations. Plain English
not the same (different) The taste is not the same. Plain English
obtain (get) We need to obtain visas. Plain English
on the occasion of (on, when, because of) I was congratulated on the occasion of my son's birthday. Plain English
on the other hand (omit, but, yet) On the other hand, do we really need one? Plain English
on two separate occasions (twice) I stayed here on two separate occasions. Plain English
question as to whether, question of whether (question whether) The question as to whether it will do any good hasn’t been determined. Plain English
question as to whether, question of whether (question whether) There is a question of whether we need to be there or not. Plain English
regard as being (regard as) What industries do you regard as being highly competitive? Plain English
solicit for We are soliciting for suggestions. Plain English
sooner rather than later (soon, now) I believe that spring will be here sooner rather than later. Plain English
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-26 16:45:37 +0000)