LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,133 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
Your (You're) Yes your so beautiful Possible Typo
Your (You're) Your not a nice man. Possible Typo
Your (You're) Your beautiful. Possible Typo
Your (You're) Your welcome. Possible Typo
Your (You're) Your sincerely, Tom Possible Typo
Your (You're) If your having trouble, ask for help. Possible Typo
you're (your) JJS NN I'd like to buy you're greenest banana please. Possible Typo
they're (their) JJS NN It was they're oddest hypothesis yet. Possible Typo
'wherever there (they are) going' Wherever there going, I will follow them. Possible Typo
VBZ IN they're (their) NN What kind of person disparages of they're company? Possible Typo
IN VBZ they're (their) NN The only thing we think of is they're happiness. Possible Typo
DT VBZ they're (their) NN And if another is they're boyfriend, I will be angry. Possible Typo
need to VBG (VB) We're going to hypothesizing about the origins of man. Possible Typo
Ill (I'll) Ill explain! Possible Typo
I ill (I will) It seems that I ill have to celebrate at home. Possible Typo
with(e) Please provide a link withe the updated information. Possible Typo
duck (duct) tape I used duck tape for it. Possible Typo
oft he (of the) One oft he officers approached him quickly. Possible Typo
hast o (has to) She hast o leave! Possible Typo
goon (go on) You can't goon like that. Possible Typo
laid (lay) ahead We never knew what laid ahead. Possible Typo
lay (lie) around All he did Sunday was lay around the house. Possible Typo
laying (lying) around He had a special talent for laying low. Possible Typo
lays (lies) atop The text explains how important it is that the chicken lays on the noodles artfully. Possible Typo
was lain (laid) The body was lain beside his wife in the cemetery. Possible Typo
Jimmy Buffet (Buffett) Jimmy Buffet sang at the Arco Arena. Possible Typo
Harison (Harrison) Ford Harison Ford is famous for playing Indiana Jones. Possible Typo
Erwin Schroedinger (Schrödinger) The Schrodinger equation is a mathematical formulation for studying quantum mechanics. Possible Typo
Jimmy (Jimi) Hendrix Some argue that Jimmy Hendrix was the best guitarist who ever lived. Possible Typo
Phillips (Philips) Arena The team played at Phillips Arena. Possible Typo
jive (jibe) with That doesn't jive with my mental outlook. Possible Typo
mash (mashed) potatoes His favorite food is mash potatoes and gravy. Possible Typo
is renown (renowned) for Brown is renown for its annoying undergraduates. Possible Typo
brew haha (brouhaha) What's all the brew haha about over there? Possible Typo
working (work in) progress His symphony was a working progress. Possible Typo
historic (historical) record The policy was strictly a matter of historic record. Possible Typo
guest stared (guest-starred) Alan Alda never guest stared in another episode. Possible Typo
in titled (entitled) The children felt in titled to their expensive education. Possible Typo
is contained of (contains) The beer is contained of hops and water. Possible Typo
after been (being) After been assaulted, the man was often wary. Possible Typo
imminent (eminent) domain Their house was claimed due to imminent domain. Possible Typo
chomping (champing) at the bit The horses were all chomping at the bit. Possible Typo
constellation (consolation) prize The team was so upset, they didn't even claim their constellation prize. Possible Typo
constitutes (consists) of The city constitutes of five boroughs. Possible Typo
could (couldn't) care less The man on the street said he could care less. Possible Typo
couldn't careless (care less) I couldn't careless. Possible Typo
could (couldn't) give a damn Frankly, my dear, I could give a damn. Possible Typo
daily regiment (regimen) They had a strict daily regiment of calisthenics. Possible Typo
de factor (facto) There was a de factor ban on cigarettes. Possible Typo
worse-case (worst-case) scenario They always prepared for the worse-case scenario. Possible Typo
worst (worse) comes to worst If worst comes to worst, we'll just move. Possible Typo
to bath (bathe) It's so relaxing to bath in the evening. Possible Typo
treasure trough (trove) In the wreckage they found a treasure trough of doubloons. Possible Typo
ad nauseum (nauseam) The song was playing ad nauseum. Possible Typo
Noble (Nobel) Prize He was awarded the Noble Prize in literature. Possible Typo
land lover (landlubber) The sailors considered John to be a serious land lover. Possible Typo
strike a cord (chord) Her comment happened to strike a cord with the colonel. Possible Typo
safety (safe) deposit box He inherited his grandfather's safety deposit box. Possible Typo
statue (statute) of limitations Luckily, his crime wasn't covered by the statue of limitations. Possible Typo
all the farther (as far as) The town was all the farther than the border. Possible Typo
discussions around (about) They had many discussions around politics. Possible Typo
as time progressed (passed) As time progressed, the sisters got wiser. Possible Typo
as follow (follows) The main points are as follow: Possible Typo
beyond the pail (pale) His behavior was beyond the pail. Possible Typo
beckon (beck and) call Don't expect me to be at your beckon call. Possible Typo
begs (beggars) belief It begs belief that corporate policies can always pursue the best interests of a company. Possible Typo
buttload (boatload) There was a buttload of cabbage left over. Possible Typo
brussel (brussels) sprout He left the last brussel sprout on his plate. Possible Typo
build off of (build on) Arcade Fire tried to build off of the success of their first album. Possible Typo
trite (tried) and true It was a trite and true solution. Possible Typo
between you and I (me) Between you and I, there's no hope of survival. Possible Typo
every (ever) since And every since the war, the people have gone to bed at eleven. Possible Typo
fowl (fell) swoop He completed the symphony in one fowl swoop. Possible Typo
gardener (garter) snake We found a tiny gardener snake in the bushes. Possible Typo
hay day (heyday) He was never as good as he was in his hay day. Possible Typo
hardly never (ever) She hardly never takes the subway. Possible Typo
hew (hue) and cry There was a massive hew and cry after the beating. Possible Typo
minus well (might as well) We minus well break up. Possible Typo
oft chance (off chance) On the oft chance that you get home by nine, could you turn on the oven? Possible Typo
on the same token (by the same token) On the same token, they believe you've cheated them. Possible Typo
one of the only (few) He's one of the only magicians in Providence. Possible Typo
pedal to the medal (metal) To get by the police car, he put the pedal to the medal. Possible Typo
pawn off (palm off) Are you trying to pawn off that annoying client? Possible Typo
plays a factor (plays a role) The goalie hardly plays a factor in the endgame. Possible Typo
realms (realm) of possibility That is hardly outside the realms of possibility. Possible Typo
sense of false security (false sense of security) The members of the board were holding onto a sense of false security. Possible Typo
ring (wring) its neck I'm going to ring its neck. Possible Typo
right (rite) of passage The fire-ritual was a Cherokee right of passage. Possible Typo
rod (wrought) iron She specialized in art done in rod iron. Possible Typo
souse (sous) chef He gave most of his responsibility to his souse chef. Possible Typo
stock and trade (stock in trade) Swords and knives are their stock and trade. Possible Typo
sound byte (bite) The politician gave an awful sound byte. Possible Typo
to the manor (manner) born He played the piano as to the manor born. Possible Typo
vintage (vantage) point There was a great vintage point on the back side of the hill. Possible Typo
whim (wing) and a prayer The Lakers appeared to be hanging on a whim and a prayer. Possible Typo
year end (in) and year out Year end and year out, we go out to the vineyards. Possible Typo
hand and hand (hand in hand) The ability to talk forever goes hand and hand with being a Brown student. Possible Typo
grasping for straws (grasping at straws) At that point, the desperate gentleman was simply grasping for straws. Possible Typo
grill (grilled) cheese The kid only wanted to eat grill cheese sandwiches. Possible Typo
might has (as) well You might has well take off your shoes. Possible Typo
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-09-05 16:45:19 +0000)