LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,124 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
Wordiness: in a ... manner He did it in a terrible way. Redundant Phrases
Wordiness: in a ... manner He came in a hasty manner. Redundant Phrases
I [told it to] -> I [told] Leo He told it to Leo. Redundant Phrases
former alumnus (alumnus) As the wife of a former alumnus of UCLA, I am appalled at recent events that have occurred and seemingly encouraged by the administration. Redundant Phrases
former alumnus (alumnus) The former alumnus adviser of Alpha Lambda Chapter was elected as congressman-at- large in Ohio. Redundant Phrases
sworn affidavit (affidavit) A sworn affidavit is a written statement made by someone under oath to tell the truth about something. Redundant Phrases
sworn affidavit (affidavit) His sworn affidavit was deposited in the post office mailbox. Redundant Phrases
directly antithetical (antithetical) The two events this week were directly antithetical to the University's values for these reasons. Redundant Phrases
approximately about Americans feel full of energy and healthy approximately about 19 days per month. Redundant Phrases
associate together (associate) Hippos associate together in groups. Redundant Phrases
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-04-18 22:33:07 +0200)