LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,122 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
fellow classmates/co-workers/comrades (classmates/co-workers/comrades) I would enjoy a reunion with my fellow classmates. Redundant Phrases
foreign import (import) The rise in foreign imports, the argument goes, is forcing some Americans to accept lower pay to remain competitive with, say, Mexican and Chinese workers. Redundant Phrases
honest truth (truth) That is the honest truth of the matter. Redundant Phrases
in order to (to) We opened the door in order to enter. Redundant Phrases
introduce for the first time (introduce) We were introduced for the first time a week ago. Redundant Phrases
the noun around it (surrounding noun) He didn't like the protesters around him. Redundant Phrases
past experience/memory (experience/memory) We know from past experience that weakness breeds contempt. Redundant Phrases
point being is that (point is that/point being that) The point being is that Russia and Japan weren't even at war. Redundant Phrases
reason why (reason) The reason why I did that is simple. Redundant Phrases
so therefore (therefore) I am me, the only me, so therefore I am unique, which in turn makes me special :) Redundant Phrases
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-03-28 22:33:07 +0100)