LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,122 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
alter (altar) Forty-seven percent of executives said they were concerned that retiring Boomers will significantly altar the workforce in the next decade. Commonly Confused Words
adverse (averse) Are you adverse to eating horse meat? Commonly Confused Words
decent (descent) He is of Asian decent. Commonly Confused Words
decent (descent) Looking for a hotel with descent rooms. Commonly Confused Words
diffuse (defuse) tensions They gathered at her police precinct to thank officers for their work and to diffuse tensions. Commonly Confused Words
diffuse (defuse) bomb How long did it take you to diffuse the bomb? Commonly Confused Words
counsel (consul) general Archer Blood, the counsel general in Dacca. Commonly Confused Words
wildly (widely) accepted This idea is now wildly accepted. Commonly Confused Words
a through(thorough) discussion etc. The manual does not have a through discussion of the topic. Commonly Confused Words
I was wandering (wondering) if I was wandering if someone could help me. Commonly Confused Words
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-03-28 22:33:07 +0100)