LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,124 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
doe snot (does not) This doe snot mean that I like you. Possible Typo
doe vs does It doe not matter. Commonly Confused Words
doe vs does It doe not matter. Commonly Confused Words
doe vs does Doe he like me? Commonly Confused Words
doe vs does What doe he think? Commonly Confused Words
doe vs does Tom doe whatever is needed. Commonly Confused Words
does (do) I/you/we/they Does you have your glasses? Grammar
does (do) I/you/we/they But Does you have your glasses? Grammar
does ... 3rd person verb He does not has expertise about that. Grammar
does ... 3rd person verb Does anybody here uses a Mac? Grammar
Does anybody would (Would anybody) Does the client would like this information? Grammar
Does anybody would (Would anybody) Does the client would like this information. Grammar
Does anybody would (Would anybody) Doesn't the client would like this information? Grammar
Does anybody would (Would anybody) How does the client would like this information? Grammar
does n't (doesn't) He does n't like her. Possible Typo
dog-eat-dog We live in a dog eat dog society. Compounding
doggy-dog (dog-eat-dog) We live in a doggy-dog world. Commonly Confused Words
Dominos Pizza Dominos Pizza is an American multinational pizza restaurant chain founded in 1960. Grammar
don vs done I'm don with this project. Commonly Confused Words
don vs done Are you don with it? Commonly Confused Words
don't ... 3rd person verb I don't needs help with that. Grammar
don't ... 3rd person verb I do not needs help with that. Grammar
don't aren't They aren't don't really happy. Grammar
don't aren't I cannot can't do it. Grammar
don't aren't I can't cannot do it. Grammar
Don't let any negativity to affect (affect) you Don't let any negativity to affect you. Grammar
don't will (won't) I don't will do that. Grammar
donn't → don't They donn't come. Grammar
dons't (don't) I dons't need your help. Grammar
dontcha (don't you) Dontcha think this could be done easier? Style
dontcha (don't you) Don'tcha think this could be done easier? Style
door jam (jamb) There were scratches all along the door jam. Possible Typo
Dos vs Does How many dos it take? Grammar
dose vs does She dose not know what she's talking about. Commonly Confused Words
dose vs does She dose not know what she's talking about. Commonly Confused Words
dose vs does He dose not want to become a police officer. Commonly Confused Words
dosent (doesn't) He doesent want to go home. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') You shouldn't not do it! Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') You shouldn't have not done it! Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') Nobody told me nothing. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I don't have no idea. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I can't show no emotion. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I cannot show no emotion. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I do not have no idea. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I didn't have no idea. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I did not have no idea. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I haven't done no harm. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I have not done no harm. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I didn't see nothing. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I didn't see nothing. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') You can't afford not to believe me. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') There won't be nothing much, but please come by my house this evening. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') There wasn't nobody there. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') Sorry, I don't have neither one. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') She couldn't hardly understand a word. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') She could not hardly understand a word. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') She hasn't seen nobody. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') That won't do you no good. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I can't find my keys no where. Grammar
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I can't find my keys nowhere. Grammar
double quote instead of apostrophe We"ll be ready next week. Typography
double quote instead of apostrophe He wasn"t ready yet. Typography
double quote instead of apostrophe Tom"s new girlfriend is very beautiful. Typography
down load (download) Please down load the latest version. Grammar
down side (downside) There was no serious down side to the plan. Possible Typo
down stairs (downstairs) Please go up stairs to your room. Grammar
downpayment (down payment) The couple made their first downpayment on their new house. Possible Typo
drop down (drop) Drop down from the tree. Redundant Phrases
drop-in This software is a drop in replacement. Compounding
drop-ship I will dropship you the package. Grammar
drop-ship I will drop ship you the package. Grammar
DT VBZ they're (their) NN And if another is they're boyfriend, I will be angry. Possible Typo
duck (duct) tape I used duck tape for it. Possible Typo
due (do) Due you work this weekend? Commonly Confused Words
due (do) All I can due is help you as best as I can. Commonly Confused Words
due (do) I can due it until tomorrow. Commonly Confused Words
due (do) I can due his homework. Commonly Confused Words
due (do) I want to due his homework. Commonly Confused Words
dun vs don't I dun know what you mean. Commonly Confused Words
Dunkin' Donuts Dunkin Donut's is an American multinational coffee/donut company. Grammar
Dunkin' Donuts Dunkin Donuts is an American multinational coffee/donut company. Grammar
dunno (don't know) Really, u dunno? Style
dunno (don't know) I really dunno what you're talking about. Style
dunno (don't know) Dunno what you mean. Style
duplicate 'have' I've haven't checked yet. Grammar
duplicate 'have' I've have no idea. Grammar
duplicated use of 'have' He does it has often has he can Grammar
duplicated use of 'have' I will have eventually have friends. Grammar
during (for) I haven't seen him during ages. Commonly Confused Words
e.g. He has watched many action movies (eg. Fast & Furious) Punctuation
e.g. He has watched many action movies (eg Fast & Furious) Punctuation
e.g. He has watched many action movies (e.g Fast & Furious) Punctuation
each and every (every) You better check each and every door. Plain English
each and every one (each one) God bless each and every one of you! Redundant Phrases
each others’ (other’s) They checked each others’ work. Grammar
ear piece (earpiece) Tucker Carslon is Trump's mouth piece. Compounding
Earl Grey Earl Gray tea is a tea blend which has been flavoured with the addition of oil of bergamot. Grammar
early adapter (early adopter) DualCore PC is available for purchase for selected companies in the early adapter program. Nonstandard Phrases
ease (easy) This looks pretty ease to me. Commonly Confused Words
ease off (of) use Increase ease off use. Commonly Confused Words
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-05-18 22:33:07 +0200)