LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,124 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
bye the way (by the way) And bye the way, this program is open source. Commonly Confused Words
abbreviation for bachelor's degree I have a B.Sc from CMU. Semantics
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') She could not hardly understand a word. Grammar
Two modal verbs in a row (could should) That could should do. Grammar
missing period after last letter in abbreviations The C.I.A is investigating the case. Punctuation
C.O.P.D (COPD) This study aims to determine which acoustic parameters are suitable for the automatic detection of exacerbations in patient suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) by investigating which aspects of speech differ between C.O.P.D patients and healthy speakers. Grammar
Côte d’Azur The Cote d’Azur is the Mediterranean coastline of the southeast corner of France. Grammar
ca I (can I) What ca I do? Possible Typo
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') I can't show no emotion. Grammar
can't help but (can't help + gerund) I can't help but fall in love with you. Grammar
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-04-18 22:33:07 +0200)