LanguageTool Community

Catalan Dutch English French German Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Ukrainian

Browse Rules: 6,122 matches

These are the errors that LanguageTool can detect. Visit the LanguageTool homepage to use it online or download it for free.

Description Example Category
apart of (a part of, apart from) We set it apart of other religions. Possible Typo
Superfluous article before 'much', e.g. 'a much work' They were surprised to learn that we saw much high conversion towards installation. Grammar
capitalize proper names, geographic terms, historic episodes... I live on the east coast. Upper/Lowercase
Double negative (e.g., 'not... nothing' instead of 'not... anything') There won't be nothing much, but please come by my house this evening. Grammar
sworn affidavit (affidavit) His sworn affidavit was deposited in the post office mailbox. Redundant Phrases
more easy (easier, less difficult), more clear (clearer, apparent, obvious, evident) to Doing it this way is more easy than the previous method. Style
Good fuck (luck) Good fuck with that! Style
former alumnus (alumnus) The former alumnus adviser of Alpha Lambda Chapter was elected as congressman-at- large in Ohio. Redundant Phrases
comma before ending sentence with adverb It could work maybe. Punctuation
No comma before 'which' I am going to the house which burned down. Punctuation
LanguageTool 6.5-SNAPSHOT (2024-03-28 22:33:07 +0100)